SWM8 OTA Question / Help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thestaton

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
Today I integrated my OTA (Terrestrial Digital V15) into a SWM8. Then I am diplexing it with the Channel Plus CPV902. On doing so I'm taking a heavy loss on the signal. As much as 55% If I do a straight run and skip the SWM8, and connect it directly to the AM-21 I am getting 95% - 100% signal strength on all my local channels.

Is this related to the diplexer? If so is there a better one? I have found a few that say they are directv approved. Are the specs on these different than the one I have?

Or is it related to the SWM8?

Thanks for the help,

I have one cable running from my SWM8 (mounted on exterior wall) into my attic to the PI. In the attic I have the PI installed, where a cable then leaves the PI and goes into a Dip (OTA is tied in here) then one cable down the wall to behind my HR20. I then have another Dip behind the tv to break the OTA and Sat feeds apart.

Im not having any signal drops, using Channelmaster 2100mhz diplexers from solid signal.

How are you introducing the OTA feed to the line, at the SWM8 input? Ive heard that is not a good idea.

Today I integrated my OTA (Terrestrial Digital V15) into a SWM8. Then I am diplexing it with the Channel Plus CPV902. On doing so I'm taking a heavy loss on the signal. As much as 55% If I do a straight run and skip the SWM8, and connect it directly to the AM-21 I am getting 95% - 100% signal strength on all my local channels.

Is this related to the diplexer? If so is there a better one? I have found a few that say they are directv approved. Are the specs on these different than the one I have?

Or is it related to the SWM8?

Thanks for the help,

remember that if you use the diplexer built into the SWM8 you are taking at least a 3.5db hit on the signal because the SWM8 has a two-way splitter, so it can drive the two SWM cables. Should not give you a heavy signal loss but it's a start. if you only have one OTA receiver it's best to diplex in AFTER the SWM to avoid the SWM8 losses.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)