Sync is way off help!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MagicNinja17

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
sync is the worst on D, Dish was awsome I can't even watch some of the channels! Starz Tbs Showtime, words do not match the mouth help!!!! h20

They are working on the problem.

DirecTVs new MPEG4 HD sound is based on TwinVQ.

They are having issues with the encoders on the head end.

I also agree that it's very annoying.

Matt

What does on the head end, mean? Any estimated time to be fixed?

Head end means that it's a Directv problem at the main site where program provider input is encoded and uplinked to the satellite. "Not the equipment at your home"

As far as an estimated fix time I honestly don't know but rest assured with this serious of a problem they are working round the clock to correct it.

Matt

DirecTV watches this forum closely, It gives them real time feedback.

I have yet to notice this as a problem on my HR20. Since I am viewing the same channels, it would appear not to be at the head end.

I did notice it on CNN HD last night and this morning... haven't watched any other satellite HD channels in the last couple days, or at least haven't paid that close of attention to them.

If you are having the problem, please make sure to note the hardware you're using (H20, HR20), software version if not the national release (including which CE), and any unusual installation (a diplexor, for example). This might help us help you.

OK folks just spent an hour checking lip sync on all channels paying special attention to the new mpeg4 channels. Right now at 3:15est pm I've only found only 1 channel with minor lead time with on audio channel 282 APLHD.

Running H20-600 with 0xf14 Ver.

About two days ago had a major lip sync issue on The Weather Channel HD

Just trying to help.

Matt

Edit : When this happens changing channels away and back to off sync channel does not get rid of the problem.

Last edited:
Didn't check all, but...

CNNHD, TBSHD, A&EHD, DSCHD (way off) ??? (12-6-07; Noon PT)

------------------------------

2 - H20 - 100 receivers
Slimline 5 lnb; Zinwell sup-2400 B-Band Converters

i have seen the problem occasionally and have fixed it by turning the receiver off and back on. Mine is an h20-100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)