Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hi guys and gals,

SatelliteGuys will be down for about an hour sometime this weekend as I need to move our servers operating system from CentOS 7 to AlmaLinux.

CentOS is at its EOL next year, however the control panel software we use is forcing people to upgrade now in order to continue getting automatic security updates from the Control Panel software. And we need to do this before the end of the month through a special elevation process they have written.

I have worked and did a test elevation and all went fine. No errors were reported, so it SHOULD do smooth. Looking at the support site there have been no real issues reported.

So this will happen sometime this weekend, when? At this time I am not sure. We have company coming in from out of state staying with us for a week, so I don't know our plans for the weekend yet. I am aiming for Sunday, either in the morning or afternoon, which is our slowest part of the week traffic wise. They say the move takes about 30 minutes, so I will warn people we could be down for up to an hour just to be safe.

I will post an update when I have a more specific time period for this update.

We are sort of back. (Sort of)

Some things may not be working correctly.

Support is still working on the server and think and old Anti Virus on the server (immunify360) did not properly uninstall itself when it was uninstalled many years ago. And the left over crap is preventing the update of the os to progress. (We are stuck in step three of five of the upgrade)

While they are working on that I ordered us a new server which depending on how they make out we may or may not need.

I believe the new server is the same CPU’s we have not but has two ssd’s in raid one with more space than we have now and double the ram 32 GB instead of 16)

The new system is also setup with the new os. When I ordered it it said they had instant provisioning. But I guess because I went up to 32 GB it will take them a few hours to provision it.

So while support is working their magic I am not touching anything and evaluate things once they are done.

Again some things are not showing up correctly and that ok. We will get it all fixed. :)

I have actually been working on this since 4:30 but I will keep on going. I guess this is my Father’s Day gift to myself. Lol.

Thanks for your patience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are sort of back. (Sort of)

Some things may not be working correctly.

Support is still working on the server and think and old Anti Virus on the server (immunify360) did not properly uninstall itself when it was uninstalled many years ago. And the left over crap is preventing the update of the os to progress. (We are stuck in step three of five of the upgrade)

While they are working on that I ordered us a new server which depending on how they make out we may or may not need.

I believe the new server is the same CPU’s we have not but has two ssd’s in raid one with more space than we have now and double the ram 32 GB instead of 16)

The new system is also setup with the new os. When I ordered it it said they had instant provisioning. But I guess because I went up to 32 GB it will take them a few hours to provision it.

So while support is working their magic I am not touching anything and evaluate things once they are done.

Again some things are not showing up correctly and that ok. We will get it all fixed. :)

I have actually been working on this since 4:30 but I will keep on going. I guess this is my Father’s Day gift to myself. Lol.

Thanks for your patience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we just got his from support..... Looks like we will be moving to the new server.

I got a bunch of work to do to get to that point. So let me get to work.

Here is the email from support.

Cody Selzer (cPanel)
Jun 18, 2023, 12:30 CDT
Hello,

I am glad I could help you get the sites back online.

Unfortunately, the logs are not providing any additional information to indicate why this is happening.

We suggest to open an issue on the Elevate Github page here: Issues · cpanel/elevate

If that is not possible, you could use the transfer tool to migrate to a new server running AlmaLinux 8.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts