System outage planned this weekend.

My alert and conversation icons as well as the ones in the reply box are missing but the links are there
This is interesting. I still can't see them on my chromebook running chrome, obviously, but I can see them on my pc with windows 11 running chrome!

Reactions: charlesrshell
What style are you using?

Still no dns updates here. Looking more and more like the move will be tomorrow night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Satelliteguys Default and this is what my screen looks like...

1687163012611.png

Reactions: charlesrshell
DNS still isn't correct. Since our DNS was hosted here I moved it to GoDaddy Temporarly. However for some reason GoDaddy lists us at ns73.domaincontrol.com. when if I log into their control panel shows ns25.domaincontrol.com so the updates I am making are not making it to the world. Hopefully they get it corrected soon.

The only style that looks "normal" for me on Firefox is Sat Guys Default/No Sticky Toolbar.

Ok sitting on hold with GoDaddy... still 18 minutes to go.

On the drive into work I was speking to a friend of mine who is in IT who lives in Ireland. He could tell I was upset about the entire thing and then offered these encouraging words...

"Yeah you may be down for a day or so but in the big scope of things, when you are on the new server nothing on it will go End of Life until 2029."

So I guess if I get the new server setup correctly and properly tuned, other then doing routine stuff I should have nothing to worry about for a long long time. :)

New if I could get our DNS out of GoDaddy purgetory it would be great. But in the mean time I am working on the new server installing some of the add ons we use here such as Elasticsearch, Redis and other things.

Ok and the winner of IDIOT OF THE YEAR award goes to...

ME.

I have been waiting for the DNS to update with GoDaddy and it wasn't updating. So after holding forever with GoDaddy, the rep was puzzled. Everything appeared correct on his end things should be working.

I told him what I was seeing on my screen on my laptop which I have had logged in since yesterday.

He said this is very strange. Can you please take a screen shot of what you are seeing and email it to me.

I said sure took a pic and sent it over.

He got the pic and looked it over, and said very strange.... oh wait here is the problem... you are updating the DNS for satelliteguy.us and not satelliteguys (with an S at the end) dot us.

Holy crap. I didn't even know I owned SatelliteGuy.US.

I got the entries I needed in the CORRECT domain name such as for the CDN and things are working again.

Holy crap am I an idiot. :D

Happens to the best of us, Scott. The other day we needed to make a change to an Access Control List and I had the TCP port set to “8087” instead of “8078”. Of course the Application wasn’t working!

I guess I’ve been working with Intel processors for too long… ;)

Make sure you set the TTL to a low value so that any changes are propagated as rapidly as possible.
Everything is down to 300 seconds. :)

I have been working on the new server, getting it ready to go. I decided to NOT install NGINX, but have put in Apache with http2 support. Some folks say its as good as NGINX. We will see how it performs.

Speaking of performance, I purchased this new server quickly its specs mirror basically what we have now, but with more drive space and double the ram. It is located at a major internet hub is Arizona. With that said I am not married to it, so if we find it don't meet our needs then I will look for a new one. I only signed a month to month on this dedicated server.

I expect I will start working on things around 6PM and the site will be down as things are transfered over to the new server.

Yes we normally move servers every few years to keep up with technology and security changes.

In just wasn’t planning on moving with yesterdays software update. But the old AV software corrupted some of our is files which prevents the update tool from updating those files. Without knowing if more os files were corrupted i felt it was best to move onto a nice clean new server. Support agreed with me as they couldn’t figure it out either.

Anyways home to eat and then it’s time to move things. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts