System Reboot

cwchase10

Original poster
Apr 7, 2011
Newport, TN.
I have a VIP222 dish HD with software L503. The dang thing keeps rebooting a lot of the time when remote 1 is using the program guide. They have replaced the receiver and LNB, with no help. What next? Please help wife is irate!!!

He's got a 222 not a 722.... To the OP, is your 222 well ventilated. Open air all the way around top and bottom?

He's got a 222 not a 722.... To the OP, is your 222 well ventilated. Open air all the way around top and bottom?

The unit is wide open and in the same place as my old one. I had the old 222 for over a year before all this started. One thing on the reboot. Before all this started when we had a power outage and the old 222 would reboot I never saw a acquiring satellite signal window, it always just went to the gathering program guide window. Now it shows the acquiring satellite signal window first.

It should go to the acquiring signal screen when it resets, followed by the EPG download. Have you tried plugging the receiver into another electrical outlet in the home? Also, bypass any power strips or surge protectors you may be using.

I've had the same problem. I had 922,playstation, google box, yahama amp, western d 2tb hard drive, and a 55 inch HDTV all on one plug in with two surge protecters and the 922 keep rebooting and rebooting so I finally ran the 922 to a different plug-in and it works with out rebooting all the time!!!! Jus try it if it doesnt work then try and get another 922

It should go to the acquiring signal screen when it resets, followed by the EPG download. Have you tried plugging the receiver into another electrical outlet in the home? Also, bypass any power strips or surge protectors you may be using.

I have done all that, the only time it goes into reboot is when #1 remote is using the program guide. The system locks-up and goes into reboot.

I have a VIP222 dish HD with software L503. The dang thing keeps rebooting a lot of the time when remote 1 is using the program guide. They have replaced the receiver and LNB, with no help. What next? Please help wife is irate!!!

Just got this from a Dish rep. on another board.

"We are aware of this issue and a software update is required. The software you mentioned is the current version for that receiver. I will check with our engineers when this update is available. I hope this helps."

Software issue? Is everyone with a VIP222 dish HD receiver having this trouble?

cwchase10 said:
Just got this from a Dish rep. on another board.

"We are aware of this issue and a software update is required. The software you mentioned is the current version for that receiver. I will check with our engineers when this update is available. I hope this helps."

Software issue? Is everyone with a VIP222 dish HD receiver having this trouble?

Not everyone. Generally with a s/w update that causes that will happen to some people but not all I think they stopped the new update after getting reports of different issues. Some are acting like the 322s did not long ago and they go to a 015 after its been off for a while.

This must be a new one on our KPI list. It says, "when in the EPG on both TV1/TV2 at the same time, and channel up/down on both the receiver reboots".

This specific issue does require a software update to fix the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts