System Updated

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the Securi message this morning as well, using Safari on my Mac... Seems to be working OK now...

You added a very handy "Search this thread only" option, which went away with vBulletin. Thank you! Is there a "Search this forum only" option too? If so, I don't see it.

You added a very handy "Search this thread only" option, which went away with vBulletin. Thank you! Is there a "Search this forum only" option too? If so, I don't see it.

Click on the search box on the top. There is a check box there to search this forum only. :)
searchforum.png

Reactions: TheKrell
No changes have been made to the system since last Thursday.

Staying logged in is controlled by your browser and its handling of the cookies, and is not a function of the server. When you sign in a cookie is sent to your browser. If you check the stay logged in button that is specified in the cookie that is sent. Each time you come to the site your browser says... Hey I have a cookie for that site, and uses that cookie to log you in instead of you having to log in. However if your browser is having trouble... (Or you use one of those security apps which cleans cookies) then the cookie is not read like it should be and you are asked to log in again.

Reactions: Hall
Here's something weird, for some reason using Safari I am unable to get to "bad dish adverts" thread. I just get a completely blank browser. It's the thread I've seen do this. Any ideas. If i really want to view that thread I can always use a different browser or the app.

For some reason it just won't work on any of my iDevices. And its the first and only thread I've had it happen on.

Ahh... they moved us to a different server yesterday, which means the DNS has not updated yet on that ISP and thats why you are seeing that issue, and is also why your app isn't working. :)

The DNS should have updated as it was only set to 900 seconds, but sadly some ISP's don't properly update DNS.

If you were on a PC I would tell you to use a different DNS server such as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 :)

The problem with using Google or OpenDNS is that content delivered via content delivery networks (CDNs) do not work well. The CDN IP address is based on the DNS resolver's IP address. So, satelliteguys.us's CDN returns an IP address that is best to deliver to Google's DNS server, not necessarily the best choice for my computer's network. Given the growing popularity of Google/OpenDNS some CDNs are using workarounds to try to fix it, but it is still a trade off to use Google's DNS/OpenDNS services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)