Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just upgraded our software to the 1.4.2 version of Xenforo (Our forum software.)

Total down time was about 30 seconds. :)

Here is what is new and what was fixed.

Today, we are pleased to release XenForo 1.4.2. This release fixes a number of bugs and issues that were found since the release of 1.4.0. As this is a maintenance release, the vast majority of the focus was an increase in stability.

However, there have been several minor improvements:
  • The IP of the user submitting a "Contact Us" form is now displayed in the email sent to the forum contact.
  • The "Contact Us" form can use the 1.3-style method of headers with the "Sender info in From header on contact emails" option. This can be useful when sending contact emails to a Gmail account which may not always respect the Reply-To header as expected.
  • Added support for Google's new Search Sitelinks mark up.
  • When a user has received warnings leading to a ban until the warning points expire, the ban expiration date will now be calculated and displayed to the user.
Some of the bugs fixed in 1.4.2 include:
  • Fixed display of the "hamburger" icon in the navigation in iOS8
  • Fix the cursor appearing erroneously after replying to a thread in iOS8
  • Don't autofocus file inputs to avoid iOS8 incompatibilities
  • Improve performance of the online status indicator
  • Allow years to be selected far in the future in the date picker
  • Disable IP resolution on the moderated users list due to performance issues
  • Reduce the amount of user information available to the "quick" session activity list to reduce memory issues
  • Add a new _getRegistrationInputDataSafe method to the registration controller that caches the _getRegistrationInputData method (which is not idempotent); the new method can be called multiple times
  • Check banned status before checking general viewing permissions
  • Disable overlay scrolling on absolutely positioned overlays (mostly for mobile devices)
  • Fix the date input appearing unexpectedly when clicking cancel in an overlay
  • Fix several JS and URL issues relating to running XenForo on an IDN
  • Improve pasting of tabular content into the rich text editor
  • Fixed editor issue where an entire paragraph could be removed when inserting an auto-completed username
  • Disable the rich text editor for Windows Phone due to cursor issues
  • Adjust the sitemap builder to lock the files and to flush them to prevent potential corruption
  • Fix a timezone-specific issue in the statistics where the final selected day would not always be displayed
  • Fix a race condition that could prevent a conversation from being marked as read
  • Prevent an SQL error if a user has 65,535 unread alerts
  • Prevent an SQL error from overly long warning messages
  • Prevent an error when reading bounce messages from empty IMAP mailboxes
  • Fixed a situation where the attachment file selector would appear behind the browser window in Firefox
  • Fixed a situation where the attachment list wouldn't be hidden when there were no attachments
  • Move "inherit" rules outside of style properties/into the extra component when set via the template system
  • Fixed tooltip positioning over avatars in the sidebar of the notable members page
  • Fixed tooltip positioning for "remove all filters" in the thread list
  • Prevent a possible error if using the bulk like removal on an orphaned like
  • Updated URLs in the cookie notice describing clearing cookies for some browsers

Reactions: TheKrell
Thanks sound like a nice update, though it wiped out my color settings. :(

When I first logged on tonite everything was fine,read thru the FTA section and hit refresh to see if anything new had been posted before I left.After refresh my page style changed and I can't get back to what I want,Satguys fluid/no sticky.Now instead of the yellow or grey dishes I have blue or grey word balloons(?),and my non avatar went from a dish to a silhouette.I logged off,cleared my cache,came back and still the same ???

Yeah...seems like this one changed a bit of stuff in the "styles" we have to choose from. I use the Dark (Fluid) and I now have this bring green bar across the top, and the fonts seems to have reverted back to the original (default?) font used during the SatGuys beta phase when we were first testing out Xenforo.

What is the theme you are using that this is happening to.

I will check into it when I can. I think I am going to be headed home soon, in too much pain from the kidney stones.

What is the theme you are using that this is happening to.

I will check into it when I can. I think I am going to be headed home soon, in too much pain from the kidney stones.

I'm using "Dark (Fluid)". It all seems to still function properly, just seems the formatting may have reverted back to some defaults vs. how it did look before the update. No biggie. Sorry to hear about your kidney stones! I've never experienced one (knock on wood), but I grew up watching my Mom go through them quite often.

"Other Sites" takes you to the homepage.

Hope you feel better Scott.

When I first logged on tonite everything was fine,read thru the FTA section and hit refresh to see if anything new had been posted before I left.After refresh my page style changed and I can't get back to what I want,Satguys fluid/no sticky.Now instead of the yellow or grey dishes I have blue or grey word balloons(?),and my non avatar went from a dish to a silhouette.I logged off,cleared my cache,came back and still the same ???

I am not seeing this on two pcs...

Try Pressing and holding Control while refreshing the page which should force a refresh of the cache.

Yeah...seems like this one changed a bit of stuff in the "styles" we have to choose from. I use the Dark (Fluid) and I now have this bring green bar across the top...

I also have the green bar in Dark Fluid but it justs lasts a few seconds, then I get my settings. My fonts did change but changing them back fixed it.

I'm using "Dark (Fluid)". It all seems to still function properly, just seems the formatting may have reverted back to some defaults vs. how it did look before the update. No biggie.
Yes for some reason it defaulted back to the initial colors. I see audentio has released a new version of ui.x dark which will prevent this from happening again. I will patch it later and return the colors to where they were. :D

Sorry for the issue. :D

Reactions: DWS44
I am not seeing this on two pcs...

Try Pressing and holding Control while refreshing the page which should force a refresh of the cache.
That didn't do anything.Just tried;
Satguys Classic,brings back more or less the look I want(dishes,not word balloons),but "Mark Forums Read"gets hidden again.
Satguys 1.4.2,balloons
Dark,no sticky,dishes and that green bar at top,but for me yuk.
Back to Satguys Fluid,no sticky,still the same,blue balloons instead of yellow dishes,avatar silhouette instead of dish.
It's not that big a deal but it was working last nite and just changed for no reason.And just for info,using;Vista 64,800x600 on 4:3 monitor,Palemoon(that's Firefox without the attitude).

One thing that I have noticed with the update, is that the latest forum software does not work with Chrome ver. 38.

One thing that I have noticed with the update, is that the latest forum software does not work with Chrome ver. 38.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)