Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gray Hair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
N WV
T134 posted a portable mount for Satellite KU dish in the Fta section. Does anybody have a link to it? It was a cross looking set up.

I am attempting to use a pallet style temporary setup to check location, but not really satisfied, because it rocks.

Thanks for your support!

Home built NPRM

I built NPRM for a 30 inch 'in a hurry' last fall. 5/8 ply base, some conduit, a hose clamp and a few deck screws. Hose clamp allows 'limited' plumb fine tuning. Flange welded to bottom of the pole. (Bearing cap from the local hardware for $1.29)
attachment.php

Also have a 1.2meter still on it's temporary 'stand'. (Too Long I've put off building a more permanent stand) Recycled decking and a pile of deck screws. Bolt goes thru the pole to stop 'spinning' while the bottom rests on the bottom plank passing thru another piece with appropriate sized hole.
attachment.php

Pole the 1.2's are on is truck exhaust pipe. Way cheaper than tubing . (Here anyway)
Both survived 50 mph winds :eek: last winter without requiring a 'tuneup'.

Attachments

• 30inchNPRM.jpg
    30inchNPRM.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 218
  • TempNPRM48.jpg
    TempNPRM48.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 232
I use to have a setup that was in the bed of the pickup so I could get G10 at the lake on the Primestar dish...sadly the mount got destroyed :(

I did bolt a mast to the trailer hitch on the truck when I did a review one time

Attachments

• 000_0115.jpg
    000_0115.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 167
Interesting Ice, I have wanted to try building a temp mount/pole that would fit in the bed of my pickup, something that would lean over flat while travelling. I'm sure it could be done without a lot of welding. But I have no welding equipment nor the skills!

mine was just scrap 2x4's and plywood

the 2x4's looked like an "I" in the bed of the truck. The plywood laid on top and was on top of the wheel well. I could put blocks (or in my case sandbags) to keep it from moving but the plywood had maybe an inch on each side clearance so I could just slide it in and out

I mite have a picture of it (or one like it)

Here was one that I had near the end of when I lived in the house (wasnt the one described above)

Having that SatAv adjustable pole helped :)

Attachments

• PICT0016.JPG
    PICT0016.JPG
    823.6 KB · Views: 125
  • PICT0017.JPG
    PICT0017.JPG
    585.7 KB · Views: 123
  • PICT0015.JPG
    PICT0015.JPG
    671.4 KB · Views: 129
We had a party couple of weeks ago, and, of course, we watched some TV, hockey game. Temporary pole was already installed, I just attached 1,2m antenna.IMAG0241.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts