t6 ppv still decodes- what problems could this cause

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mapa

Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
t6 ppv channels will still unscramble if code is entered- what problems could this cause. have a 4d receiver. no black box or any tampering. code i am refering to was used years ago was used for ppv. just wanted to see what happened and the program became unscrabled

Last edited:
mapa said:
t6 ppv channels will still unscramble if code is entered- what problems could this cause. have a 4d receiver
explain your problem in more detail please

Last edited:
mapa said:
t6 ppv channels will still unscramble if code is entered- what problems could this cause. have a 4d receiver

If you have a black board it will not work in a 4dtv and you will only get picture no sound if it did, and if this is what you are asking you are not allowed on these forums, it would be best to subscribe :) you can get a VCII+ board on ebay cheap...

ppv code

t6 ppv channels will still unscramble if code is entered- what problems could this cause. have a 4d receiver. no black box or any tampering. code i am refereeing to was used years ago was used for ppv. just wanted to see what happened and the program became unscrambled[/QUOTE]

no black box no tampering- had ppv years ago -code i metioned was the one you made up so no one (children) could access the pay view. I went into my ppv history and there is a charge listed and a phone number to call. i quess i owe them 12.99

mapa said:
no black box no tampering- had ppv years ago -code i metioned was the one you made up so no one (children) could access the pay view. I went into my ppv history and there is a charge listed and a phone number to call. i quess i owe them 12.99
So basically you just agreed to order the PPV channel through a touch of the remote and then the modem in your VCII module dialed the provider to report the charge. Are you saying that it can be done now even after all PPV services are no longer available on c-band by hitting the right code on your remote while you are tuned to a VCII channel?

no connection to phone lines

No what i think is that they want you to call them and report your charges. i do not know if they have any way of determining if you used their service . i think however they hope you report your usage and pay up. again no phone connection to 4dtv receiver and both internal and external video pal are deactivated.

mapa said:
No what i think is that they want you to call them and report your charges. i do not know if they have any way of determining if you used their service . i think however they hope you report your usage and pay up. again no phone connection to 4dtv receiver and both internal and external video pal are deactivated.
Well, you must have some magical VCII module or a hack box (I see them on ebay all the time)if it is opening the T6 channels through some code which is what you said in your first post.

sorry to disappoint you but no tampering what so ever- again the code was your password to allow access to ppv channels, it kept children or others from purchasing ppv without your permission. i haven't tried it again because it's programing is a little to much and i don't want to run up a tab. also thr vc II was bought new from skyvision with a tracker unit years ago

Last edited:
Competely unscrambled?

mapa said:
t6 ppv channels will still unscramble if code is entered- what problems could this cause. have a 4d receiver. no black box or any tampering. code i am refereeing to was used years ago was used for ppv. just wanted to see what happened and the program became unscrambled
[/QUOTE]

Do you get the audio as well? Is there a Black noise Bar across the picture? I just took a look and the channels are still scrambled for the rest of us!

mapa said:
sorry to disappoint you but no tampering what so ever- again the code was your password to allow access to ppv channels, it kept children or others from purchasing ppv without your permission. i haven't tried it again because it's programing is a little to much and i don't want to run up a tab. also thr vc II was bought new from skyvision with a tracker unit years ago
run up a tab with who? AFAIK PPV is no longer.

reply to gizzer777

picture and sound fine no problems- acts just like ppv did . this only happened on these two transponders. what does it say in your vc2 information under under unit setup - mine reports 5- irsd: purchasable 6: Oedipal enabled and also in there some were it says account established. i can only think that when ppv left c band maybe these were altered and some receivers weren't.

My VCII

mapa said:
picture and sound fine no problems- acts just like ppv did . this only happened on these two transponders. what does it say in your vc2 information under under unit setup - mine reports 5- irsd: purchasable 6: Oedipal enabled and also in there some were it says account established. i can only think that when ppv left c band maybe these were altered and some receivers weren't.

My VCII module is NOT even seen by the 922 (but it was by the 920!) It is a blue one and the seal was in place when I went in to change out the battery. if you press options, 9...you get a VCII module is not found by the system...

As long as it works...that's all I care about since it is only a matter of time for VCII anyway! I collected a couple of "spares" to change out the battery and save them from the scrap heap!

It authorizes fine but cannot be "seen" by the receiver...wierd but it works properly (Locks me out of T6 alright!) <grin>

Who knows what is even going on with VCII+ and above...has not even been a thought for over 5 yrs that I know of. It is used because it is there....until it all goes digital.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)