Tablo information

Clarbear

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 21, 2018
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Hi. I'm wondering if anyone know more about tablo? I am interested in getting tablo and it looks like that I would get more channels then I do now. Does anyone have tablo and if it's true about it? Also after I purchase tablo if I need to pay for anything else? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

First of all---you must have an outdoor antenna to use a Tablo unit. If you don't, then forget it.
No you do not, had my Tablo Quad hooked up to a indoor while I was doing some upgrades, did great.

It has no idea what Antenna you hook up to it, the coaxial from either goes into it.

Now, depending on how good the antenna is or how far away can affect it.

Reactions: Clarbear
No you do not, had my Tablo Quad hooked up to a indoor while I was doing some upgrades, did great.

It has no idea what Antenna you hook up to it, the coaxial from either goes into it.

Now, depending on how good the antenna is or how far away can affect it.
I have a wifi antenna on my smart TV. Do I need to change my antenna? If so will it affect my smart TV when I use it?

I have a wifi antenna on my smart TV. Do I need to change my antenna? If so will it affect my smart TV when I use it?
No, you need a TV Antenna into the Tablo.

The 4th gen Tablo receives OTA and sends the channels via your in house wi-fi network to your tablet, smart tv and smart phone with the apps from Tablo. Not all devices will work with Tablo. So carefully read the info on the Tablo site. An outdoor antenna will out perform a indoor one.

Reactions: Jimbo
If you wait a little Tablo will be releasing their Next Gen receiver soon which should help with reception

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: primestar31