Tablo now available for pre-order- $219

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scott78945

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
Got an e-mail today from Tablo that they are taking pre-orders now for their 2 tuner OTA DVR. Its $219.99 and will include 1 year of program guide, $49.98 value, if you pre-order. They will have a 4 tuner version available later this Spring. Guide sub is $4.99/month, $49.99/year or $149.99 lifetime. I got my Tivo coming which seems to still be a better deal since you need an external HDD to record on but many of us have them lying around already. This unit does not include an internal HDD.

http://www.tablotv.com/press/tablo-dvr-for-cord-cutters-now-available-for-pre-order

Got it on my list with any luck we should get more info and hands on video Tuesday :)

I guess its great if all you do is stream stuff around the house but I actually sit down and watch TV on a TV.......yeah I'm old school :)
and to even make me more old school I watch the local news nightly

I like the concept, personally it doesn't bother me that to watch on a tv I must use a ROKU, all our tv's are ROKU connected anyway. Seems a small price to pay to have a "whole house" dvr. The monthly guide price is more than reasonable, I'm currently paying TIVO $9.95 for a mediocre guide, for one TV. Of course I'm not going to rush out and buy one until I read some reviews etc.
And yes I watch the local news every morning (begins at 4am on WFXT) at dinner and sometimes again at 10 or 11 pm.

Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts