Tailgaiting hook-up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

andyclap@adelphia.net

Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
Just got all of the equipment that I need for a DirecTV tailgaiting hook-up. I have a single LNB dish w/ a tripod, 2 separate industrial deep cycle batteries (donated by my father in-law) 13 inch color tv, and a 400 watt power inverter. At my house I have a 3 room sustem with a 3LNB dish. I just tried out the set-up out in the drive way. After 5 minutes or so of dish pointing and set-up I was able to get all of my subscribed channels except my local stations. I am sure there is an easy answer to this one...can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome to SatelliteGuys.US! Great idea! Sounds like the problem is the receiver has been set up for a Phase III (3 LNB) dish and you are only using a single DirecTV dish for tailgating, depending where you are in the country your locals may be coming in on one of the other DirecTV satellites, so you would need a phase III dish for tailgating, or you could try resetting the receiver for "Single Dish pointing at one satellite" as it will be set for Phase III (3 LNB) for now!

Sounds like you have two options. 1 - Use the triple LNB and get the local channels that are on the other satellites. 2 - Use a single LNB dish and get only the national channels.

According to This Page your locals are on the 101. Which is the main bird, so you shouldnt need a triple dish to receive those channels.

And according toThis Page they are on transponder 31.

Whats the signal strength on transponder 31 on your tailgate dish?

95..what I get now is info regarding my locals at the top of the screen and in the program guide but a black screen and the message "searching for sat signal please stand by". I have read about the 72.5 sat is it possible to tune to that sat with a single LNB?

matthpd195 said:
According to This Page your locals are on the 101. Which is the main bird, so you shouldnt need a triple dish to receive those channels.

And according toThis Page they are on transponder 31.

Whats the signal strength on transponder 31 on your tailgate dish?

I think that info is out of date. I'm prety sure roanoke locals got moved to the 119 sat.

According to Directv's page it says Roanoke locals requires the phase-III dish (triple LNB) to get them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)