Tailgate question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jbirdbuc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
Hello,

Last year I had dish network for a portable setup but have switched to direct tv. I would like to know which direct tv sat dish I need. I currently have the dual LNB at home with R15 dvr and a standard receiver. I will be using the standard receiver for tailgate, just need to make sure that I get the right equipment ordered. I will need the local channels as well. Will a dual LNB be all I need? Do I need a triple and/or multiswitch? Thanks. Trying to get the new dish ordered this week.

jbirdbuc said:
Hello,

Last year I had dish network for a portable setup but have switched to direct tv. I would like to know which direct tv sat dish I need. I currently have the dual LNB at home with R15 dvr and a standard receiver. I will be using the standard receiver for tailgate, just need to make sure that I get the right equipment ordered. I will need the local channels as well. Will a dual LNB be all I need? Do I need a triple and/or multiswitch? Thanks. Trying to get the new dish ordered this week.
What did you have for DISH Network it may be compatible with D*? All you need is an 18" dish with either a single LNB or a dual LNB you are only needing 1 feed to a basic receiver.:) A DISH 300 or a DISH 500 with a single or a Dual LNB will work for D* a DISH Twin or Quad on a DISH 500 will not work.

Thanks for the reply. I think it is a 500 with TWIN. I was able to get TWO sats with dish and one cable (no switches) I have found the direct dishes on ebay for about $20, just want to know if I need dual or 3 LNB. Thanks.

jbirdbuc said:
Thanks for the reply. I think it is a 500 with TWIN. I was able to get TWO sats with dish and one cable (no switches) I have found the direct dishes on ebay for about $20, just want to know if I need dual or 3 LNB. Thanks.

What do you have on your house, now???

Also, if you TOLD us where you live, we could probably help you better - you know different markets require different dishes for locals... ;) ;)

I live in georgia and pretty sure I have a dual LNB on the house. It has a multi-switch for the DVR. But I am just using the standard receiver, it was installed in FEB 06.

jbirdbuc said:
I live in georgia and pretty sure I have a dual LNB on the house.

Well, you're getting us warmer - you've now narrowed it down to only 11 potential markets in the state of GA... :rolleyes:

city or zip, PLEASE - if you REALLY want help, we NEED this info - we PROMISE nobody is going to try & hunt you down... ;) :p

Also, a "dual LNB" does NOT have a multi-switch - it just has 2 outputs.
Is the dish ROUND or OVAL shaped?

Last edited:
jbirdbuc said:
Hello,

I have a 3LNB dish at home, but use a simple round dish with a standard receiver for Sunday Ticket in San Diego (no HD). Here you can get the locals also with the round dish....

Forgot to put the city. I live in commerce, ga and will be tailgating in athens, ga. I pick up the ATLANTA locals.

jbirdbuc said:
Forgot to put the city. I live in commerce, ga and will be tailgating in athens, ga. I pick up the ATLANTA locals.

There YA go - one of the simple round dishes with a single LNB will suffice. You know, sometimes you can even find these dishes laying around, as many have been removed from service as they have been replaced with oval dishes, or the new HD dishes. You can get these for FREE, or next to nothing - you could even have friends that might have one laying around collecting dust.

A little info on D* - the single LNB dishes normally have 2 outputs, but these are normally referred to as "dual LNB", meaning a single LNB w/2 outputs. Some of these older dishes had only "single LNB's" with a single output - since you are tailgating with just a standard receiver, even one of these would suffice.

The newest oval dishes have 3 LNB's, & the dish has a built-in 4-output multi-switch. There are also older versions of the oval dishes that have either 2 or 3 separate LNB's, that are then externally combined into a switch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)