Tailgate Set Up - 3 LNB SWM/HR24

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rnag16530

Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Orlando FL
I know there's plenty of posts about tailgate/camp set up, but I can't seem to find any with my exact situation or resolution. I already have a subscription and brought along my HR24. I bought a kit from EBay of the same dish I have at home, 3 LNB SWM. I've run the CoAx from the dish to a power inserter, then to the receiver into Sat 1. I'm aiming for 101. I have the correct elevation and tilt provided by the receiver for my location. I am in the area on the azimuth, I even bought the $10 Dishpointer app. I might not be exact, but it's very close. With all this, I have nothing. Signal strength is 0's across the board and signal meters are stuck on not acquired. My question is, if I'm in the area and even if I have a slightly obstructed view (which I won't at the set up location) shouldn't I get something on the signal meters that will allow me to tweak it and improve the signal? I've searched all types of sites and message boards and don't know where to go from here. I'm in Orlando now, but hope to use it in Miami on Monday. i just want to make sure i can do it before i get there. Any help is appreciated!!

Make sure the mast is plumb and with the proper El and tilt set move the azimuth slowly to allow the meter to register the signal.
Are you sure that teh tilt and elevation are set correctly? The marking on the dish are sometimes confusing.
I'd also use a receiver to check transponder readings on all three satellites.
I also suspect that "slightly obstructed" could be a the problem.

I know there's plenty of posts about tailgate/camp set up, but I can't seem to find any with my exact situation or resolution. I already have a subscription and brought along my HR24. I bought a kit from EBay of the same dish I have at home, 3 LNB SWM. I've run the CoAx from the dish to a power inserter, then to the receiver into Sat 1. I'm aiming for 101. I have the correct elevation and tilt provided by the receiver for my location. I am in the area on the azimuth, I even bought the $10 Dishpointer app. I might not be exact, but it's very close. With all this, I have nothing. Signal strength is 0's across the board and signal meters are stuck on not acquired. My question is, if I'm in the area and even if I have a slightly obstructed view (which I won't at the set up location) shouldn't I get something on the signal meters that will allow me to tweak it and improve the signal? I've searched all types of sites and message boards and don't know where to go from here. I'm in Orlando now, but hope to use it in Miami on Monday. i just want to make sure i can do it before i get there. Any help is appreciated!!
Patience is your best friend, and fwiw, your doing the right thing, trying to set it up at home first, do it several times to get the hang of it.

Now, 1st thing you need to be sure of is that the mast is PLUMB, this is VERY important because your trying to locate the sat 23,000 miles up.
The numbers on the recvr is a starting point although they are usually very close.
You should be trying to find the 101 Sat and once you find that, then you may have all 3., they will generally fall into place.

Move the dish very slowly....
Usually helps if you can have a TV set up by the dish to see the meter if it's possible.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)