Does Genie Clinet count as a receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

george99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
I just added a Genie Client (C31). I called DTV to activate it, and it works fine. However, I do not see it on my account as one of my receivers.
If it doesn't count, I might switch out my other receivers for more of these. Save the $6/month.

I bought one of these on my own because I already have DTv. If I drop one for a half a year, will they require me to send it back? A C31 that is.

It's just like the extra receiver fee DISH charges for the Joey.

I bought one of these on my own because I already have DTv. If I drop one for a half a year, will they require me to send it back? A C31 that is.

They are considered leased, so the can ask for it back. In some cases if you tell them up front it is short term they may suspend it or deactivate without requesting the return kit, depends on the CSR and cooperation.

They should only charge you like half the fee since it is just a client and not a real receiver.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

They should only charge you like half the fee since it is just a client and not a real receiver.

I agree, I signed up in August, and got 3 H25's with the Hr34. I thought I would regret it because I figured the upcoming client receivers would be free or at least cheaper.

Since the 'lease' fee isn't really a lease fee at all, but rather it is an 'outlet' fee, the cost per outlet is the same regardless of what is actually there.

I agree, I signed up in August, and got 3 H25's with the Hr34. I thought I would regret it because I figured the upcoming client receivers would be free or at least cheaper.

Yeah kinda sucks that you would have to take the HR34 to the camp and not a little H25.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)