Tailgater and VIP211Z

I believe Hopper DUOs work perfectly fine on DPH LNBs. I heard Dish puts DPP LNBs on Hopper DUO install work orders for some strange reason unless they just changed policies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, all the Hopper Duo needs is a DPP lnb. They are a good deal cheaper than that DPH lnbs, so they are used whenever possible. It will work with a DPH lnb, the DPH lnb just emulates a DPP lnb when that is what is needed.

I thought the Duo, along with the Wally and the H3, would turn off the DPP part and only work in hybrid mode out port 1. Am I confabulating?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I thought the Duo, along with the Wally and the H3, would turn off the DPP part and only work in hybrid mode out port 1. Am I confabulating?
The hybrid lnb emulates multiple different lnbs. The Hopper 3 utilizes "DPZ", which is how it gets it's 16 tuners. You can run up to 8 or even 16 Wallys (in single tuner mode) off of 1 DPH lnb and a DPH42 power supply. Generally that is only done in commercial installations. It emulates the solo node for Hopper 1 & 2 (3 tuners). For Wallys, 211s, 722s, Hopper duos etc (anything with 2 or less tuners) it emulates the DPP lnb.

The Hopper 3 is the only receiver that should turn off port 2 on the lnb, it needs to to run 16 tuners. There is a software glitch I have seen where a Wally hooked to port one will turn off port 2, it should not do that. If the Wally turns off port 2, what is its point in the 1st place?

The hybrid lnb emulates multiple different lnbs. The Hopper 3 utilizes "DPZ", which is how it gets it's 16 tuners. You can run up to 8 or even 16 Wallys (in single tuner mode) off of 1 DPH lnb and a DPH42 power supply. Generally that is only done in commercial installations. It emulates the solo node for Hopper 1 & 2 (3 tuners). For Wallys, 211s, 722s, Hopper duos etc (anything with 2 or less tuners) it emulates the DPP lnb.

The Hopper 3 is the only receiver that should turn off port 2 on the lnb, it needs to to run 16 tuners. There is a software glitch I have seen where a Wally hooked to port one will turn off port 2, it should not do that. If the Wally turns off port 2, what is its point in the 1st place?

Is the Wally fixed where it won’t turn off port 2 on DPH LNB now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk