Tailgater First Impression

We just finished 30 days in the North woods of Wisconsin. I am very happy with the performance of the Tailgater it was able to find the three satellites and we had HD in my 5th wheel trailer. Only one glitch and tech service admitted that ther is a bug in the most current software L551. Here is what happened. Got up one morning and had complete signal loss? Blue sky, nothing was changed or moved? Rescanned from the state screen. This time it would not move off of check switch 1 of 3. Tried twice, same thing, called Dish RV Support. Tech had me go to the scan screen, under summary I told him what I saw. He said that we need to clear the switch matrix? He had me power off, then disconnect SAT IN, power up and rescan. Went a slightly different way with the switch check, got to 1 or 2 of 38. Tech said to power off, reconnect, and rescan. Checked the summary screen and it was empty. Got back to the state screen, scanned and away it went check switch 1,2 and three and we were up again.

Has any one experienced this problem/solution yet? Any other unusual problems that tech service assisted with? Even with this tiny issue I am very satisfied with my Tailgater!

Yes, I had that problem after a software update. This has been a couple of months ago. At that time Dish techie had no idea what could be wrong. Tailgater folks said it wasn't in their equipment.

Equipment would work fine all day and in the evening until I turned it off. Next morning when I power it up, it's searching for a signal with repeated failures. By totally disconnecting and doing a manual switch check, then reconnecting everything it would come up again and complete setup.

I finally prevented this by not turning receiver off at night, just leaving it on. It would still do the early AM update and go into suspend, but never had an issue again with it having to setup every morning. I don't know why that fixed it, but it has worked.

I go tailgating alot at Football & Soccer games so I am thinking of picking up a Tailgater / 211k combo. I do not have Dish Network as my TV provider but am considering switching that way I won't have to pay 2 providers. I would need 4 receivers in the house, hooking them up to broadband would not be a issue. However I read quite a few horror stories from the Dish audit team and by having 5 receivers on my account I would think I would be high on their "list" Obviously the 5th receiver is going to fail since it will not be hooked up inside. Dish's web site seems to promote you can add the tailgater to your current account but I have a feeling the audit team would not agree. Am I setting myself up for a problem in the future?

Debating if I want to switch everything over to dish or just turn the tailgater on/off as much as I can to keep the bill down.

You shouldn't have to worry about the audit team with a Tailgater. The whole purpose of it is to have one of your receivers with you camping or tailgating.