Tailgater Problem

rkassl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
Wisconsin
Purchased my Tailgater in April of this year. I was amazed how it performed. We showed it to other campers we met along the way even made a few sales for Dish NW. We left on our cross country trip and were in Niagara Falls, New York when the Tailgater stopped working. Initially I had 119 and 110. Came back to the RV and had a Complete Signal Loss error code. No big deal, just rescan. Well, no! Immediately after you scan the Tailgater will go to the check switch and do 3 of 3. This is where it finds the satellites. Immediately at check switch 1 of 3 I got a error code no satellites could be found?? Every time this happened. Called Dish Tailgater support and they had no idea. They referred me to King Controls in Bloomington,MN. Talked to their tech service. They wanted me to hook the cable from the Tailgater to the Sat In on the receiver. I did and got the same error no satellites found immediately at check switch 1 of 3. Then they wanted me to open the case. This is where I stopped with tech service. I told them I will bring it back to the factory as we pass by Bloomington at the end of August. So for the last couple of weeks I carry around a dead Tailgater. I am very disappointed. I know things can happen but dead at 90 day is very sad.

Hey Dirt Team help me with my pain!

"...They wanted me to hook the cable from the Tailgater to the Sat In on the receiver...."

???

Where were you plugging it in before?

For DIRT team help, go to them. Can't expect them to catch requests in various posts. Go to the main Forums page, very bottom. DIRT team members currently online are in RED. PM one of them.

I would guess that the Tailgater has failed, and likely needs to be replaced. Since the warranty is through King Controls, we would refer you to them. If you're able to, maybe stop by a retailer's shop to see if he'll let you test a different 211k on it just to verify. Also try a new coax run if you haven't

I believe that opening the case voids the warranty as well, so I wouldn't do that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts