Tailgater Problems from Dish NW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIRT Team Help Bad Software Version

rkassl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
Wisconsin
Tailgater was working OK till we got to our new destination. Strange verbiage appearing on check switch 1 of 3, something like checking your network table and then something like checking your spot-beam???? Never seen this before. Called Dish RV Support and they really couldn't help. So I called King Controls in Bloomington, MN where I picked this Tailgater up on Wednesday. I got in contact with a tech and told him that the Tailgater would do check switch 1 to 3 and then sit there. When I checked further I had connectivity to all three satellites. But that was it. Never went to acquiring signal or to menu download. Tech stated that they started to get many calls like this today. He asked me what software version I had. Last time I had the L551. Now it is L552RGWB-N. The word is there is a major bug relating to the Tailgater with this new version. I went into the house and one of my 211's was at L551, swapped it out and the Tailgater worked like a charm.

I disabled the inactivity time so threceiverer should not update to the bad software.

Hey Dish do you folks have a handle on this problem???

The inactivity timer will not prevent the receiver from taking the new software. :(

Sounds like you do have to keep that receiver from downloading the new software, but the inactivity has nothing to do with that, it governs making the screen saver come on.

You can stop it from downloading but really only for so long, and if it loses power it may very well download it when you power it back up. Hopefully Dish will be downgrading the software to everyone.

According to the Dish folks, if the receiver doesn't power off it cannot accept a download. Isn't this correct?

No, that is not correct. Your receiver will automatically look for new software each morning, usually 2 to 3AM, and download new software, if available....

DIRT Team how about some information about the L552 problem with the Tailgater? It does not work. Has Dish simply stopped sending out the L552 update so that if you still have the L551 you can use the Tailgater. Please pick up on this problem ASAP!

i just tested our new tailgater this morning. Info screen on it just says L552. There are no other characters after it. It fired right up and we had signal and picture on all three sats. You may have gotten an interem version which hopefully will update to L552 soon.

This morning when I plugged in the Tailgater it began the L552 download. But this time it worked just fine. I did not have to do the work around so it clear to me that the software was revised since my initial problem.

Thanks Dish!

I waited out the update until Dish fixed their bug. Last week when I finally took the update it worked perfectly. Case closed.

Has anyone had this problem with tailgater we drive truck have it mounted on the back of truck have 6+ inches above the roof line it's right at where the two halves come together ok we travel all over the country It's been working just fine then just the other day I turn it on tell it what state were in will not tune in says no sattelites found code 151 but says reception verified an good connection on all ports I have called dish there no help barely speak English been using this unit for two years now no problems I've tried everything I can think of have even pulled the cover off to see if the wheel inside went bad again it just rotates trying to find signal but won't lock in even when in the middle of a lot with nothing around can anyone help no sure at this point thxs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts