Tailgating Satellite question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trharris1972

Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
Harrisonburg, VA
Hello All

I have a couple questions about my tailgating set up. About two years ago I bought a Dish 300 satellite dish with a single LNB. I bought this for tailgating. I have Direct TV H-23 receiver. When I first got the dish I used a block for the a stand without any trouble. I finally bought a 36" tripod and used this set up twice without a problem. I must admit I have never used a level on my mask to make sure it was level. I would just point it and find the 101. For the last two weeks I have tried to used this set up to tailgate and have had major problems. Two saturdays ago it was about 4 hours of messing around before I got the 101. Last saturday I could never find it. Well let me correct this we thought we had it twice( got signal strength up to 80-85%), but when the receiver started to download the programing we lost the signal. So I was wondering if my LNB is gone bad? Or, was it the fact that maybe my mask was not level? But we did try to level it. I also purchased the dish pointer app for Iphone, but I never did have any luck. Or do I need to get a Direct TV 18'' dish and LNB? I think my early success lead me to take for granted the precession needed to set up a satellite? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

Hello All

I have a couple questions about my tailgating set up. About two years ago I bought a Dish 300 satellite dish with a single LNB. I bought this for tailgating. I have Direct TV H-23 receiver. When I first got the dish I used a block for the a stand without any trouble. I finally bought a 36" tripod and used this set up twice without a problem. I must admit I have never used a level on my mask to make sure it was level. I would just point it and find the 101. For the last two weeks I have tried to used this set up to tailgate and have had major problems. Two saturdays ago it was about 4 hours of messing around before I got the 101. Last saturday I could never find it. Well let me correct this we thought we had it twice( got signal strength up to 80-85%), but when the receiver started to download the programing we lost the signal. So I was wondering if my LNB is gone bad? Or, was it the fact that maybe my mask was not level? But we did try to level it. I also purchased the dish pointer app for Iphone, but I never did have any luck. Or do I need to get a Direct TV 18'' dish and LNB? I think my early success lead me to take for granted the precession needed to set up a satellite? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

Welcome to the site !

There is a ton of info here regarding Tailgating use the "Search" section at the top of the page ...

If your using a H23, you'll want to use a dish that is capable of seeing the correct Sats ... are you wanting to get he programming in HD ?

If so, you'll need to be able to see the 99, 101 and 103 Sats, this will require a Slimline dish there are several variaties available depending on what you want to do.

I would suggest the one withOUT the SWM as it required a Power Inserter and another outlet as well.

Make sure the mast is LEVEL and PLUMB .... if you get the 101 and it's not plumb, you won't get the 99 and 103 to fall into place.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts