tailgating with Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

missjtiger

Original poster
Jul 23, 2010
Olive Branch MS
ok...so with your help from this site I ordered my Winegard portable satellite. Now....I need to buy a tv.....this is what I assume and if any of you would be so kind to either say yes, that's correct or no you're wrong...please do. I'm looking at anywhere from a 32" to a 42" either Panasonic, Vizio or a Samsung. This is where I'm confused. Since I will be taking it tailgating and will NOT have HD isn't it ok to go with a LCD instead of paying more for a LED ? Plus, should I be concerned with the 720 or 1080 ? What does the 120 HZ or 60HZ mean ? and will that matter for what I'm using this for ? thanks for your help...this message board is awesome. oh...and I'm using a model R15 box , is that ok ?

ok...so with your help from this site I ordered my Winegard portable satellite. Now....I need to buy a tv.....this is what I assume and if any of you would be so kind to either say yes, that's correct or no you're wrong...please do. I'm looking at anywhere from a 32" to a 42" either Panasonic, Vizio or a Samsung. This is where I'm confused. Since I will be taking it tailgating and will NOT have HD isn't it ok to go with a LCD instead of paying more for a LED ? Plus, should I be concerned with the 720 or 1080 ? What does the 120 HZ or 60HZ mean ? and will that matter for what I'm using this for ? thanks for your help...this message board is awesome. oh...and I'm using a model R15 box , is that ok ?

you are probably looking at 120 volts & 60 hz ... the other is usually 50 hz ...

anyway 120 v @ 60 hz is what you want ... if this is going to be outdoors ... you want the screen that works there ... not sure which would be best ... probably led .... 720 or 1080 really pends if you might upgrade the dish & recvr later or use it at home

the r15 should be ok ...

Actually, the OP is talking about the refresh rate of the TV. 60hz or 120hz.

In this case as a tailgating TV, it doesn't matter. Nor does the native resolution of 720p or 1080i.

There should be no problem using it with an SD receiver.

The 60Hz and 120Hz refer to the refresh rate of the TV. It really is only important for HD. I'm not really sure if LCD or LED would be better for you. The overall brightness of the TV will most likely be important if it will be outside in daylight / sunlight. You may want to see how the picture looks from a side view. The LCD tv's I'm used to don't have a wide viewing angle as opposed to my plasma. Take a good look at it in the store to make sure you are happy with the view angle. The R15 should work fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

st.louis hd channels.

Change of Service Address

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts