Takedown with Quincy Newspapers resolved

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DishGuyTX

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2018
TX
As of 10/12/18 , the channels that were affected by the ongoing negotiations with Quincy Newspapers have been restored. Just received news of this tonight!

Reactions: NYDutch and HipKat
As of 10/12/18 , the channels that were affected by the ongoing negotiations with Quincy Newspapers have been restored. Just received news of this tonight!
Not a fan of Univision (especially their politics), but now I think Dish Network and Univision should settle their dispute. Even though I DESPISE Univision (plus I don't speak Spanish), they sometimes have some sexy Latinas on it. No, that's not why I think it should come back. I only that I think other consumers should be able to watch it if they want to.

Not a fan of Univision (especially their politics), but now I think Dish Network and Univision should settle their dispute. Even though I DESPISE Univision (plus I don't speak Spanish), they sometimes have some sexy Latinas on it. No, that's not why I think it should come back. I only that I think other consumers should be able to watch it if they want to.
Latino customers live and die with Univision.....

Sweet. Have they given you guys any nice meters for pointing the OTA or is it still the "point and pray" method?
Meters??? Is there such a thing?? I use antennaweb.org and then a compass to split the difference between the closest transmitters. Bloomington, IL is supposed to get Peoria locals, but the Peoria area sits in a hole, due to the Illinois River valley so I point back between Champaign and Decatur and pick up anywhere from 18 - 32 channels that are solidly watchable

Well one good thing came out of the Quincy dispute for me. I finally learned how to use the auto tune trick to resolve the OTA pixelation problem. Sometimes it takes a new problem to figure out an old one:)

It would be interesting to know what the final agreement was.

Well one good thing came out of the Quincy dispute for me. I finally learned how to use the auto tune trick to resolve the OTA pixelation problem. Sometimes it takes a new problem to figure out an old one:)

It would be interesting to know what the final agreement was.
Have you been following this thread? any chance for a new dual tuner ota dongle?. Maybe these new OTA adapters might fix the pixelation problem.

Have you been following this thread? any chance for a new dual tuner ota dongle?. Maybe these new OTA adapters might fix the pixelation problem.

I started reading the thread early on but hadn't gone back to it. Didn't realize it had become a hot topic. Thanks for the heads up. It will be interesting to see if the new tuner(s) fix the pixelation problem for good. My feeling has always been that it was a Hopper software glitch. My single tuner dongle worked just fine until about a year ago.

Sorry to get off topic.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I started reading the thread early on but hadn't gone back to it. Didn't realize it had become a hot topic. Thanks for the heads up. It will be interesting to see if the new tuner(s) fix the pixelation problem for good. My feeling has always been that it was a Hopper software glitch. My single tuner dongle worked just fine until about a year ago.

Sorry to get off topic.

BTW the only Real Superman.....

Reactions: HipKat
Meters??? Is there such a thing?? I use antennaweb.org and then a compass to split the difference between the closest transmitters.
Yeah, I think that is the way the work order was written up, back when the Dish tech installed my rooftop antenna, back in 2006. The closest transmitter (WMFD) is to the west, and is only a few miles away, so just about anything will pick that up without much need to aim it. The tech seemed confused and thought that it was instructing to aim it for Indianapolis, which is way too far away. I had asked for it to be aimed for Columbus (to the south) or Toledo (to the northwest) or both if possible. Instead, he aimed it for Cleveland, which is the market we are "supposed" to get here.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)