Taking my satellite while travelling for a weekend

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well I have an odd question on this subject and I hope you all can help. Recently when travelling to this same location, close to my home, a couple hundred miles away, we lost local channels. So, I reset the receiver with the red button. All of my programming came back but local channels (to my hometown) were hosed. What happened was that the guide would show the correct programs but when I would go to a local channel, it would be something completely different. A local ABC channel may actually display the History channel when I went to it. Local CBS would display SpikeTV. I ran the auto-configure in setup and nothing seemed to change. My local market at home still requires an 18" oval for locals and then a seperate HD dish for HD stuff.

I have my home town zip entered in setup and am running a dual LNB on the 18" travel dish. My hometown is Lizella, GA. The closest major town is Macon, GA, about 10 miles away.

What could cause this and how do I resolve it?

Thanks!

I know this is an old thread but I still need an answer to this last question that I posed. to recap, I visit a family members house occassionally and take my basic receiver and a pair of 18" dishes ( a single LNB and a dual LNB) with me and a 4x4 switch. Everything works fine when I point it and the guide shows the correct local channels for my hometown. However, it pulls up random other channels rather than the stations the guide shows it should. My previous message gives a little more detail about the weird show display.

My hometown zip is 31210 and the zip where I am is 30705. If someone could tell me what could be wrong, I would greatly appreciate it.

If it matters, I get nearly 100% on all the satellites except for the 95 where I get 0% on that one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)