Taking the Satellite Out of Satellite Radio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
XM Canada, the satellite radio service, is now available without a satellite receiver. The service has been launched as an Intrernet radio service, called XM Radio Online (XMRO), with a live content stream available on any Mac or Windows-based PC with Internet access.

And the new inno XM2go portable satellite radio receiver, now available in Canada, adds portable memory and storage capabilities of an MP3 player to the service offerings.

The handheld device allows XM Canada subscribers to record and listen to programming at their convenience. The inno can record and store up to 50 hours of XM programming. A sports ticker and stock ticker service is available, and the device includes a wireless FM receiver.

The inno, developed by Pioneer Electronics, allows a user to "bookmark" songs heard on XM, connect the inno to a personal computer, and then purchase the songs from the XM + Napster online service individually or under a monthly subscription fee.

Canadian Satellite Radio Holdings (CSR) Inc. operates as XM Canada through its subsidiary, Canadian Satellite Radio Inc.

XM Canada launched its French and English satellite channels on November 22, 2005.
XM Canada produces Canadian content from street front studios located at Avenue Road & Davenport in Toronto as well as a studio in downtown Montréal. XM Canada Canadian content is broadcast via digital quality signals in Canada and the United States with an exclusive Canadian licence from U.S.-based XM Satellite Radio Inc.

http://www.mediacastermagazine.com/issues/ISArticle.asp?id=58203&issue=07172006

Also I just read something that XM radio can be heard through Telus Cell phones in Canada. Although if you have to pay for air-time on the cell phone that would be pretty expensive.

dandmb50 said:
Also I just read something that XM radio can be heard through Telus Cell phones in Canada. Although if you have to pay for air-time on the cell phone that would be pretty expensive.

And Audio Quality is pretty lousy.

I listen to Sirius on my Powervision phone from Sprint and the quality is excellent, just wish more channels were available, but it's only 6.95 a month and the closest thing to a live portable right now :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts