Tale of the "Hopper Snap"

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
A week ago yesterday I started having problems with my Super Joey to start. It was coming up with the TV activity screen on it's own and showing 0 tuners, the interface was also giving me all kind of whacky problems and a reset or plug pull did not fix it. Just shortly after all this started my HWS started doing similar things and resets/plug pull didn't do a thing to correct. The HWS also froze a couple times.
Was about to throw the towel in when I remembered that I was one of the lucky ones that got a Hopper Snap from Scott back when dish first came out with them. I unplugged both the HWS and SJ and pulled the Snap out of the back. Brought the HWS up first and then the SJ. Things were better but I still had some lingering issues for about 2 days afterward. It looks like those glitches have now gone away and both units are back to normal operation.
Of course the interface is now back to slow :(.
Just throwing it out there in case anyone else starts to have weird interface and other problems and have a Snap installed.
Gerry

• Sad
Reactions: Tampa8 and TheKrell
Maybe they downloaded a new firmware, that screwed things up with interaction of the Snap? You guys really need to report this issue, and see if they already know about it. Maybe there's a workaround, or the fix is being readied for the future.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I wonder if this has anything to do with this issue: Update U725

When I'm not recording anything, I may have to remove the Snap and see what happens.

What I don't understand is what's changed. The diagnostics screen says I've had the current firmware version since Dec. 20, but the issues just started in the past week or so. Is it possible that the Snap firmware was updated independent of the Hopper firmware?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)