Tallahassee HD Locals

129 one day 61.5 the next

I had to have 129 added to get my HD locals. I also kept my 61.5 to get Sun Sports and FSN Florida in HD. The rest of the HD channels that are on both switch back an forth from 61.5 to 129 from day to day.

I though they would put the HD versions of those RSNs on 129W. It's not like Tallahassee will be the only Florida market on 129W. Have you called them to ask why they don't have the HD versions on 129W since that's where they put your locals. I can't imagine they are going to install both a 1000.4 and a wing dish for 129W for people to get HD RSNs and HD locals.

I feel certain they'll put those RSNs on 129. I have to admit, I'm surprised they didn't do it when Tally came on line.

I though they would put the HD versions of those RSNs on 129W. It's not like Tallahassee will be the only Florida market on 129W. Have you called them to ask why they don't have the HD versions on 129W since that's where they put your locals. I can't imagine they are going to install both a 1000.4 and a wing dish for 129W for people to get HD RSNs and HD locals.

When I was talking to the CSR to get it installed she did not seem to know what she was talking about so I haven’t called back. However my installer did call Dish when he was installing to ask them about it. They didn’t seem to give him any real good answer. It doesn’t make good sense though. SUN and FSN HD seem to be the only two things you can’t get on 129.

Finally got home hoping to see the locals in HD! I have a 1000.2 aimed at 110, 119, 129. All four stations are choppy and cannot hold the video longer than a minute before freezing. Oh by the way, I am in Bainbridge, Ga. Any thoughts???

I got mine installed last night. It was easy and the Dish CSR very good to deal with. Because I was out of town last week I didn't call Dish until Tuesday afternoon. The CSR told me there was a charge of $59.99; after I mentioned I was a good customer, hadn't used Dishmover, etc., she said they would waive the fee. I didn't have to threaten leaving and was nice and respectful to her. I was scheduled for yesterday (Wednesday) between 12 and 5.

The installer was great. He called my wife shortly after 12, told her there were 3 ahead of us so it would be later in the afternoon if she needed to go anywhere. He got there about 5:45 and finished about 8:15. He was a great guy, too.

Picture quality appears to be a little better OTA, which makes sense since they don't have to compress the signal, but it will be nice to be able to record local HD while watching other local HDs!

So, I now have a Dish 500 pointed at 61.5, and the Dish 1000 pointed at 110/119/129.

Thanks, Dish!

I will have this set up tomorrow. I also have 61.5, have you noticed how the dish handles duplicate channels from 61.5 and 129? Which one does it get its signal from?

I will have this set up tomorrow. I also have 61.5, have you noticed how the dish handles duplicate channels from 61.5 and 129? Which one does it get its signal from?

Not sure which sat is used; I think 129 (?).

I had a switch in the attic connecting the two dishes before. That came out; he said the new Dish 1000 is used in place of the switch and he tied the line for the 61.5 Sat into the line of the Dish 1000. without the switch.

Mine switches back and forth. Some days 129 some days 61.5. I have two 622s and have had the same channel be 61.5 on one receiver and 129 on the other. They just mix and match but are not duplicate.

Still having the same problem! Morning & afternoon are unwatchable, nights are ok sometimes. Very frustrating.

Still having the same problem! Morning & afternoon are unwatchable, nights are ok sometimes. Very frustrating.

How long since you had your install or did you do it yourself? I think they re good for a 90-day call back. You might need to have a tech come and tweak the dish if you are still having problems with low signal strength. If you don't have DHPP, sign up for it before calling. The service call will be $29, otherwise probably $99.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)