Tapatalk issue?

klang

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 4, 2003
Colorado Springs, CO
Starting last night I am unable to get to Satelliteguys via tapatalk. It appears my login to the site from Tapatalk is failing. ID and password are correct.

Anyone else having problems?

I was able to sign out and back in to fix that last night on my end but it is very slow and sluggish. It takes forever to load messages here but other forums pop right up,

It's weird. Happening on my iPhone and 2 iPads. When I try to sign into Satelliteguys I get an error message saying it timed out and 'Tapatalk authorization verify with no response'. Meh, I'll try rebooting my router.

It's definitely not just you. Like I say I eventually got it to let me in but there is a noticeable lag. It's definitely not working 100%. Now AVS Forum is doing the same thing on Tapatalk as well.

Its on Tapatalks side unfortunately.
Just finally getting to this, but for several months I'm getting notifications in Tapatalk about old threads. I searched and didn't see any similar reports.

Like today I got notified I was quoted in a post. That post is from Sep 4, 2016.

Another said there were 4 new posts in a thread., The newest post in that thread is Aug 1, 2016.

My feed is full of notifications about posts from 2016 and calling them new.

Is this Tapatalk? No other forum is doing this.

Something with the forum updates/upgrades?

I'm not sure if any of the other use XenForo anymore.

• Wow
Reactions: charlesrshell
Its tapatalk... they are sending the notifications, I even turned off TapaTalk here for a day and still notifications were coming through.

I even put in a ticket with them, and they said it was a known issue and that they would fix it for the next release... and then they have been radio silent in their support forum ever since then.

I use Chrome browser in my Smartphone. Don't have any of them issues.
A browser is different.

But I don't want browser notifications for lots of different forums, and then on different machines. I tried once, and I would get notification on my phone and 3 different computers. And clearing/viewing on one didn't clear it on the others.

Tapatalk keeps all my forum activity together in one app, just like all my Facebook activity is in that app, and my Instagram activity is in another app.

Its tapatalk... they are sending the notifications, I even turned off TapaTalk here for a day and still notifications were coming through.
I figured it was TT or the XenForo plugin. And since it's only here I guess this is the last XenForo powered forum I'm on (or they disabled TT)

I wonder what XenForo changed that broke the plugin so bad.

Thanks for the confirmation and the link.

A browser is different.

But I don't want browser notifications for lots of different forums, and then on different machines. I tried once, and I would get notification on my phone and 3 different computers. And clearing/viewing on one didn't clear it on the others.

Tapatalk keeps all my forum activity together in one app, just like all my Facebook activity is in that app, and my Instagram activity is in another app.
You can turn off the alerts in SatGuy settings.

Reactions: Foxbat
In that thread you mention version 1.2.9.

Have you by chance checked the 1.3.0 plugin released last month?
(I can't see what version is installed ;) )

Or maybe contact the guy posting the announcements. Perhaps he will respond.

I know the issue isn't mentioned in the change log, but you never know.

We are updated to 1.3.0.

Hopefully that helps.

Normally they send emails and out an nag screen up letting me know when an update is available.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Great. Sucks it wasn't mentioned in the thread you posted in or otherwise sent to you.

But, I don't really get update information for plugins with the SMF forums I administer either. Don't think I've ever got update info from TT or the plugin.

I'll get back if I keep getting the old notifications.

Hmm. Maybe better. Not a tone of really old notifications.

But I got notifications this morning for the posts in this thread yesterday. I had read them both in TT and on the website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts