Tapatalk issue?

Don’t need no stinkin’ Tapatalk! :)

Yeah for you.

With a dozen forums I follow I don't want a ton of browser notifications. I like having a forum app.

And a bunch of them are nearly unreadable on mobile browsers, or have a crap interface on mobile.

The issue is the plugin for the specific forum software here, not TT. It works fine on other forum software (like the SMF based forums I do admin work for).

And the plugin maintainers for XenForo don't seem to be reachable/responsive.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yeah for you.

With a dozen forums I follow I don't want a ton of browser notifications. I like having a forum app.

And a bunch of them are nearly unreadable on mobile browsers, or have a crap interface on mobile.

The issue is the plugin for the specific forum software here, not TT. It works fine on other forum software (like the SMF based forums I do admin work for).

And the plugin maintainers for XenForo don't seem to be reachable/responsive.
SatGuys browser app notifications can be turned off in my Android smartphone.

Reactions: TheKrell
Exactly. Same with PC browsers. Better yet, never accept an offer of notifications from any website.
With a dozen forums I follow I don't want a ton of browser notifications.
Huh. I get zero such notifications with my browsers.

I want notifications, just not from the browser.

I want them in an app for forums.

This morning I have notifications from a dozen threads across 4 forums I follow. But they are all grouped together by TT.

I don't have to dig through email or visit a dozen websites to check for updates.

Again, why so many feel the need to jump in to a Tapatalk thread to say it's npt needed? Do you jump in to Dish threads to diss them and Prado DTV? Or a thread about a Ford car to say buy a Toyota?

We're trying to help! Apparently unsuccessfully.
Well, with a browser, you can selectively accept notifications if you want them, or in the case of SG, not accept notifications to avoid these blasts from the past. Can you do that in Tapatalk?

I want them in an app for forums.

This morning I have notifications from a dozen threads across 4 forums I follow. But they are all grouped together by TT.

I don't have to dig through email or visit a dozen websites to check for updates.

Again, why so many feel the need to jump in to a Tapatalk thread to say it's npt needed? Do you jump in to Dish threads to diss them and Prado DTV? Or a thread about a Ford car to say buy a Toyota?
STDog I looked into my SatGuys smartphone a little deeper. I brought up satelliteguys.us in the Chrome browser and then went to the browser settings and selected install app. I would rather have a add to home screen selection but it is not there so I used the install app selection. Anyway, since SatGuys is a app I can go into the app settings and turn off notifications. I am not sure if this SatGuys app is a Tapatalk version or not but it works good.

Reactions: TheKrell
STDog I looked into my SatGuys smartphone a little deeper. I brought up satelliteguys.us in the Chrome browser and then went to the browser settings and selected install app. I would rather have a add to home screen selection but it is not there so I used the install app selection. Anyway, since SatGuys is a app I can go into the app settings and turn off notifications. I am not sure if this SatGuys app is a Tapatalk version or not but it works good.
Is this what you do too TheKrell?

Is this what you do too @TheKrell?
No. I use my PC's to read and reply to SG posts. The only time I use my phone is when I am stuck away from home or work and have nothing else to do. And then I just use Chrome.

Another thing I never do is watch movies on my phone. I did that once (using my trusty Sling Adapter) from a beach house in NC and I decided, "Never again"!

@
Scott Greczkowski is the SatGuys app I am using in my smartphone a Tapatalk version or purely SatGuys?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)