Status
Not open for further replies.

JR_Baas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 19, 2005
Auburn, MI
Anyone having problems with Tapatalk? If a topic has let's say 30 posts, the first page loads 25 posts. The second page starts at post 21 like it should. So I am rereading 5 posts. I have it set in my settings to load 20 posts at a time. Other forums that I follow in tapatalk work correctly. Also the marker on the side letting you know that there are new post in the form does not always work on sub forums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone having problems with Tapatalk? If a topic has let's say 30 posts, the first page loads 25 posts. The second page starts at post 21 like it should. So I am rereading 5 posts. I have it set in my settings to load 20 posts at a time. Other forums that I follow in tapatalk work correctly. Also the marker on the side letting you know that there are new post in the form does not always work on sub forums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've had this problem for some time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Yeah I see it say there are 8 pages of posts, yet some of the posts from page 7 are also on page 8.

There is an update (finally) that I will apply next week. (Of course when Apple releases it is another story!) :D

It's the SatelliteGuys app which is a custom version of Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Yeah I see it say there are 8 pages of posts, yet some of the posts from page 7 are also on page 8.

There is an update (finally) that I will apply next week. (Of course when Apple releases it is another story!) :D

Is the update for the site or the app? I am using the latest Tapatalk app, not the SatelliteGuys branded version and have the problem. It seems to be the site that has the problem as all the other sites that I have in the Tapatalk app work correctly.

Both the website plugin and iOS app are updated by Tapatalk but I need to apply the patch and compile and upload the iOS update to Apple.

I will be moving control of the app to Tapatalk who will then compile and submit the app to the app stores.

That should hopefully take care of some of the issues in updating the things.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: KE4EST
Scott I'm seeing another weird issue with Tapatalk lately. When using the Unread tab it correctly shows threads with unread messages, but when I go to the thread it doesn't show the new messages. I just pulled up one that has unread messages posted today, but on Tapatalk it shows the last post as being March. I've tried force close, the refresh option, and signing out and back in again and this issue still remains. This is the only forum that experiences this issue out of the dozen or so I follow daily. Not sure if it is related, but wanted to add it to the discussion.

Reactions: STDog
Folks, I am about --> <-- that close to removing Tapatalk support...

We are given a plugin which is installed, in that plugin we put in our Tapatalk API number, tell it the usersgroups we don't want to see ads and can turn on and turn off the banner people would see if they access the site from mobile browsers.

Other than that we have no control.

And Tapatalk support (to be frank) is like tits on a bull. (Useless)

We are at their mercy. I am now looking for other alternatives.

I am probably more frustrated then you are but I am getting tired of paying for a product that does not work like it should and getting no support for it.

Folks, I am about --> <-- that close to removing Tapatalk support...

We are given a plugin which is installed, in that plugin we put in our Tapatalk API number, tell it the usersgroups we don't want to see ads and can turn on and turn off the banner people would see if they access the site from mobile browsers.

It appear to be something with the plugin and XenForo. The theme or other customizations here could also factor into it.
This is the only forum I visit that uses XenForo as far as I know (though many make it hard to tell these days).
None of the SMF, vBulletin, or PHPBB forums I frequent have the issue with not showing new posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)