Target sale

chicagofilms

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Just a heads up, Target has several titles on sale for $20. They only list a few in their ad, but a buddy stopped there yesterday & told me they had several titles, but ehre's a few he mentioned:

Independence Day
The Departed
Predator
Alien v. Predator
Blood Diamond
T2
T3
The Fifth Element - $15
Stargate - $13

Last edited:
Yea, I'm stopping by after work today.

After lookag at thier site, there are quite a few titles for $19 and many for $20.

Looks like an expensive trip to Target.. :p

What, a sale? On Blu-ray discs? Naw, surely you Jest! :rolleyes:

Anyway, some will wait until BDs come free in cereal boxes. ;)

Guess I'm gonna havta stop by Target this weekend. :p

Wow, they had about 20 titles for $19.99 on sale. I picked up 5 titles, ID, I-Robot, Mr Brooks (my wife will like this one), Ice Age and Ghost Rider( Yeah, I know, not a great movie but my wife REALLY likes Nicolas Cage and will watch any dumb movie he is in). I was tempted to buy more but I put a 5 title limit on purchases.

If Target was to do this even every other week their BD sales would soar, several other titles were sold out by the time I got to my local Target this Saturday and there were only 1 title left of 3 of the 5 I purchased. Maybe we should start being vocal about where the price point should be for BD I like the $24.99 price point with new releases selling for $19.99 the first week. Seems to work for me.

Target is going to sell a LOT of BD titles this way. The last couple of days both of my local Target stores have been sold out of Independence Day, I Robot, and a few other sale titles. I didn't even see a tag for Fifth Element, so I guess they were out of that one too.

Perhaps they are testing the market to see what the tipping point is for selling BD titles in quantity. It would be great to see other retailers do the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)