TBS HD Off Air????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

capman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
CA
Was just wondering if TBS HD is off air on dish. I wanted to watch frank tv, but it never recorded. Anyone know whats going on?

I noticed it last night too, but since I never watch TBS I didn't know whether it was supposed to be a simulcast of the SD channel or something with its own schedule like Discovery Theater.

Why are we even talking about TBS I thought this was a Dish HD thread? So lets talk about HD channels so no more TNT and TBS talk.

I'd be happy to watch TBS-HD (assuming TBS had any programs I watch, that is) if they would show their SD programs in 4:3 instead of stretching them. At least that way the picture wouldn't be compressed to death like it is on the SD channel.

I was about ready to get on here and start a rant and tell all the complainers to stop their whining, at least its another HD channel that is there and it will get more HD programming as the channel matures, but, I just switched between the HD and SD versions of TBS, and WOW the SD version does look a lot better!!! Currently the HD channel is just a waste of bandwidth!

I watched frank TV on the DISH HD feed. It recorded fine. Did anyone esle havea problem?

I was about ready to get on here and start a rant and tell all the complainers to stop their whining, at least its another HD channel that is there and it will get more HD programming as the channel matures, but, I just switched between the HD and SD versions of TBS, and WOW the SD version does look a lot better!!! Currently the HD channel is just a waste of bandwidth!

The worst part about that is, usually you'd be correct. As a channel matures, more and more HD gets introduced until its a fully acceptable HD channel. But out experience with TNT-HD tells us that the Turner Networks see things differently. They are fully committed to the philosophy that if a SD show is simply "shown" on a HD resolution channel, that its now magically HD. They'
ve done this with TNT and now its time for TBS to do the same.

Funny, I watched the entire program with no problem.

I am not trying to insult you, and I too could watch the HD stretched show with no problem. However, when I compared the two back and forth at during the same date and time and programming, the SD version looked better, even with two vertical bars on the sides of the SD version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)