Tbs Hd

jrskelly

Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Has anyone else noticed some weird pixelation/discoloration on the TBS HD feed? It's especially noticeable on red colors. This does not happen on any other HD channel, just TBS.

I am using a Tivo HD receiver with CableCards.

I do not think anyone watches that channel since their programming is all SD stretch-o-vision.

Will you use the word "all" you're showing that you don't know what you're talking about. TBS-HD has shown HD content besides the MLB playoff's.

Wasn't the Caliendo stand up special also in HD? Still not a lot by any means but there si hope.

Will you use the word "all" you're showing that you don't know what you're talking about. TBS-HD has shown HD content besides the MLB playoff's.

Yeah that was such a long time ago that it does not even record again.... except for that nothing else and up to this point has been an egnima since some say is HD while others say is stretc-o-vision. I chose to ignore the channel like it does not exists until baseball comes back again! :rolleyes:

TBS is a poor excuse for an HD channel. I wish I had the option to drop it until they get their act together. One or two programs in HD and then repeats of the same program in stretched SD doesn't cut it in my book.

I agree this is why I responded to the OP to have low expectation to his question. It seem like we are sensitive to a channel that has minimal or none currently HD programming. Useless channel in my book! But the OP chooses to watch it and he had a legit question but so far he has not gotten a response from those watching the "HD" content on TBS HD or is it TBS (most of the time) stretch-o-vision :D

Wasn't the Caliendo stand up special also in HD? Still not a lot by any means but there si hope.
yes there was. True there hasnt been an overabundance on this channel, but remember people, its new! It will take time to get it to where its "acceptable" to some.

TBS is a poor excuse for an HD channel. I wish I had the option to drop it until they get their act together. One or two programs in HD and then repeats of the same program in stretched SD doesn't cut it in my book.
delete it from your guide. Problem solved

I watched Frank TV again. It amy not be he best HD in the worls but it does not look stretched to me. He does i will grant you but nothing else does.

The new FrankTV this Tuesday was in stretchovision and I doubt if it was in HD even though TBS said it was. There is no excuse for them not presenting their own program in HD and presenting them in the proper format. It may be a new channel but, if TNT can do HD properly (I am not a TNT fan either) so can TBS. Both are Turner networks. People can make all the excuses they want, a pig is still a pig.

can anyone show proof that it was or wasnt? if not, the statement that it wasnt by someone who obviously doesnt like tbs doesnt mean much IMO

The sketch that Frank had of Pres Bush is a good clue. Look at the metal fastners on the top of the test, in the middle the space between them is fairly small but as you move out towards the sides of the frame the space between them increases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts