TCL Teams Up with Best Buy to Deliver Most Advanced Roku TV to Date – The All-New Premium 8-Series

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'd bet it'll be under $1,000 next year Black Friday. By the way, I don't think it's native 120Hz refresh rate, but they don't tell you, so who knows. They list it as: "Natural Motion 480", which is usually a sign that it's a electronically processed refresh rate, verses true.

I had considered TCL since it has Roku built in but wasn’t sure if it’s long term reliability since I have never heard of them.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
My 55" TCL is 3 years old and having ROKU is like having sliced bread! I have been very happy with picture quality too. I am looking to replace with their 6 series and hope the price comes down lower next month, at BB.

bought a TCL 65S421 at wally world for the den. the PQ ia stunning i would put it up against our sony OLEDS!!! the HD PQ upconverts awsome 4K is jaw dropping for a cheap set!!!

Txl likes playing a price changing game with best buy. Yesterday May 8 best buy had the series 8 tv advertised at 1799.00. I might buy it at that price. Today may 9 I checked best buy web site and they said You can buy it at best buy for $1799.00 and when the redirected me to best buy it is $2999.00 I tryrd to print that so I could show best buy what is advertised on txl website but it doesn,t show the drop down menu that displays 1799.00. Tryed to chat with best buy but no one got back to me. Well all I can say I am not going to buy at the over inflated price.

I had problem with audio on my present 67 inch samsung DLP tv and got the fever to buy a new tv. My 12 year old tv still has a very good picture with more imputs than a new tv has. So got one of those Roku soundbars with the built in Roku player. Very satisfied with the roku speakers. So after chating with best buy I decided I do not need a new tv for now but might buy one if the price is right. Silicon dust says that the new atsc 3.0 box will not work with roku. so will hold off for now.

Best buy has the 8 series 75 inch tv down to $1499.99 now from the previous $2999.99. I have been to 2 bestbuy stores to get a hands on look of one and both stores already removed the display models so they could mount the 2020 models for display. Does anyone here have one and do they reccomend it? Also the 75 inch lg nanocell tv I was interested in is the same price. I have decided I want a tv that still has a composie imput so I can use my older equipment that doesn,t have hdmi. That new 2020 sony 900 h doesn,t have any composite imputs and at present cost more than I want to pay. I can still get either of the tcl or lg tv with a composit imput and get a nextgen box when they become available and If I don,t like it probably can resell it. Tell me if you like either of the tv,s I looked at bestbuy.

I have the 75 inch TCL Q825 on order from Best Buy, I am supposed to get it on Nov 5th. I have had my H/T torn apart for quite a while now and currently I am just not psychically able to get it back together. I am going to upgrade my upstairs TV room to 4K, with this new TCL. I'll let everyone know how I like it once I get to play around with it.

bought a TCL 65S421 at wally world for the den. the PQ ia stunning i would put it up against our sony OLEDS!!! the HD PQ upconverts awsome 4K is jaw dropping for a cheap set!!!

Our 2013 LG 42" 3D tv fried for the second time the other night. One (or more maybe) of the leds must have shorted out again, which causes the power supply for them to crowbar and shut down. IF you turn it OFF, then back ON, you get a picture for a second or two, and it blanks out again, leaving only audio. That happened years ago, and I tore it down and replaced the bad leds. Since it's 7.5 years old now, I decided to just go buy another one, though I wanted to hold off until Black Friday, and pick up a Sony x900H, but want it for a cheaper price.

Anyway, Black Friday is still a few week away, so I ran to Walmart and grabbed a TCL 43S421 Roku tv off the shelf for $218! I also got a Allstate 3 year warranty for $25. This tv set is amazing for the money! It's better than the LG, which I paid $700 for.

I might just stay with it, and hold out longer until ATSC 3.0 is mainstream, and more tv's have those types of tuners.

Well I received my 75 inch TCL Q825 and I have put it through all the torture tests I could come up with and it just shrugged them all off. I guess I won the panel lottery because mine has nun of the defects other buyers have noted. Guys the picture quality on this set is nothing short of amazing. I have re-watched several movies, with very dark scenes and I have been able to pick out details I have never seen before. The color, detail and pop is something else and this set is BRIGHT and did I mention that this set is BRIGHT. I actually have to reduce the brightness when watching in a dark room. I think this set the the best bang for the buck in a premiere TV set available. If anyone is thinking about getting this set and was on the fence, just go for it, I am sure the 65 inch set is just as spectacular.

Well I received my 75 inch TCL Q825 and I have put it through all the torture tests I could come up with and it just shrugged them all off. I guess I won the panel lottery because mine has nun of the defects other buyers have noted. Guys the picture quality on this set is nothing short of amazing. I have re-watched several movies, with very dark scenes and I have been able to pick out details I have never seen before. The color, detail and pop is something else and this set is BRIGHT and did I mention that this set is BRIGHT. I actually have to reduce the brightness when watching in a dark room. I think this set the the best bang for the buck in a premiere TV set available. If anyone is thinking about getting this set and was on the fence, just go for it, I am sure the 65 inch set is just as spectacular.
So i take it you are streaming and if not what are you hooked up to?

So i take it you are streaming and if not what are you hooked up to?
Yes, I am streaming. I gave up on both satellite and cable this past spring, I use Cox for internet. I have Youtube TV for the main channels and I also have Prime, Starz, Disney+ and other assorted streaming services. When I cut the cord I started with Hulu but didn't like the video quality, either on their live feeds, or their recorded stuff, trying to watch a live football game was an exercise in frustration. The video quality on YT TV is very good and I can enjoy watching programs on it that I couldn't on Hulu.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
My TCL 8 after it threw itself in front of a dog toy that might have been thrown by me while playing with our Lab puppy.
08CF48DB-8FBC-4D0F-A867-6C1A1E9BB174.jpeg

Bought a new one yesterday ( love this TV), getting mounted today.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts