Team Summit 2014 - General Assembly Updates

That is pretty much what the regular is but how much of a upfront cost is it to put in and will Techs be able to install these in place of a regular joey at any time if they have issues getting cables from point A to point B.

And this is stupid, nobody can stand that dumb woman and there is a wonder why her latest show got canceled. Lol wow

It looks to be free for new and existing customers.

Anyone else still having EHD problems? Anyone getting stuck on the 015 box "Acquiring Satellite Signal?"

Elaborate.. You transfer then 015 appears?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I think I'll start a thread in the Hopper section later tonight on this - a bit lengthy. I'll call it "HWS EHD screens 855 & 015 reboots" or some such. Can't take time now - pizza is calling!

Done. Thread started.

Well I found out one the thing I was hoping was going to be announced today was not announced today... So I am keeping my lips zipped. But who knows Maybe Vivek will spill the beans when he joins us on Satellite Nation next week. :)

So that's it,that's all from team summit?If so uneventful is an understatement.

It looks to be free for new and existing customers.

More than one as in lets say I go to install a HWS and 3 Joeys - can all 3 of those Joeys be Wireless as to avoid running cable to the rooms? If so I guess a tech's stance is to make sure they are paid for the install regardless since you still have to do the setup and training of each.

The Wireless Joey installation includes a Wireless Joey Access Point creating a “closed” Wi-Fi network in the home that is dedicated to the Wireless Joey. This ensures that other Wi-Fi devices in the household do not degrade the Hopper’s video quality or utilize any of the Hopper network’s bandwidth. • One Access Point is allowed per Hopper/Hopper with Sling account and can serve up to three Wireless Joeys. o Connects to the Hopper/Hopper with Sling by an Ethernet cable. The Wireless Joey may be mixed with other Joey models up to a maximum of four Joeys allowed per account

The Wireless Joey installation includes a Wireless Joey Access Point creating a “closed” Wi-Fi network in the home that is dedicated to the Wireless Joey. This ensures that other Wi-Fi devices in the household do not degrade the Hopper’s video quality or utilize any of the Hopper network’s bandwidth. • One Access Point is allowed per Hopper/Hopper with Sling account and can serve up to three Wireless Joeys. o Connects to the Hopper/Hopper with Sling by an Ethernet cable. The Wireless Joey may be mixed with other Joey models up to a maximum of four Joeys allowed per account

I read that & couldn't make heads or tails out of it.

1 wireless Joey per hopper? Or 1 wireless Joey per account?

edit: So 1 access point can serve 3 wireless joeys. It's probably 1access point per account.

I apologize to everyone that I was unable to make it this year. I tried but if I ended up taking the flights that were available to me I probably still wouldn't be there. Chicago airports were pretty much shut down yesterday afternoon due to smoke in one of the towers. I was able to get a full refund from the airline at least. :D

it's just 450 miles. No driving?

I think the real limitation would actually be just three WJ per account. Even if you had additional access points, that would just improve signal depending on the setup of the home, not increase you number of outlets .

I can sing, but I'm also good at modern dance, olden dance, and mermaid dancing which is a little different. You usually start on the ground... It's a lot of floor work.

I can sing, but I'm also good at modern dance, olden dance, and mermaid dancing which is a little different. You usually start on the ground... It's a lot of floor work.

Now I'm going to have to look up mermaid dancing.

Finding out that my area(Augusta,GA) is getting Eastern Arc is great news to me. I want to restart my service & I sincerely doubt that I have LOS for 129 anymore. In fact,I was surprised that the installer got 129 in the first place. I believe that both tree & bush growth prevents me from getting it now. If I get the Eastern Arc LNB(I have a 1000.4 satellite dish with a Western Arc LNB) can I get Dish to come out & replace my LNB when I restart service or should I get a local installer?

Ok after doing a lot of work last night...

Got more information on what was talked about.

Basically it was a recap of what was announced at CES and a talk about the progression they have made since then.

A good amount of time was talked about DISH Explorer and it's voice recognition feature.

They talked about the Wireless Joey and mentioned it would be released on June 13th. (I want one!)

I am told that a lot of time was spent talking about DISH's new Smart Box which will be used for commercial installs such as hotels. We actually saw this at CES, but didn't really talk about it because its not anything a consumer will ever have in their home and the box there was just that.. a box there was no demo.

They talked about Home Automation using the Hopper, we did a video of this at CES and were very impressed. I am told that the crowd in Nashville was impressed as well. For me though I hope DISH does not screw this up by charging a monthly fee to use this feature. To me this is a feature which will help keep a DISH Network customer... a DISH Network customer. I have NO problem with DISH charging people to go out and set this up for customers, to sell them the equipment needed to make it work and to install it. But make it a free Hopper feature, charging a monthly fee for it will prevent a lot of people from using it and could actually drive people away from DISH. There is no reason in the world that DISH has to tell customers that system uses standard Z-Wave devices, instead they should focus on... "did you know we can turn your hopper into a home automation system? We would be happy to come install new locks on your doors so you know when your kids come and go, security cameras which you can watch on your smart phone, plus a lighting system which will let you dim, turn on or off lights in your house all from your couch. And because the Hopper Automation service uses your existing in house broadband there is no additional monthly fees! Plus we have worked to get special prices on the modules needed to make this work, just select the modules you want for your house (heating, door monitoring, lighting, etc) and we will send one of our certified Hopper Automation professionals to your house to install everything for you!"

Of course only the smart folks who read SatelliteGuys will know they can buy and install this stuff themself. But for others who are not technical savvy or do not read SatelliteGuys would welcome a service like this and have a pro installer come put it in for them. And think of the word of mouth DISH will get from these folks... when they have people over their house they will be excited to show their friends what their Hopper can do. It will help bring DISH new customers when they realize that by switching to DISH they will be saving money as they no longer need to pay for home automation and they get a Hopper which besides Home Automation already does more then any other DVR can do. Thats my 2 cents on things anyways. :)

They then talked about the World Cup and if your watching the World Cup and are not watching it on a DISH Hopper how your not seeing all of the World Cup. A demo was given of the World Cup including taking advantage of the Multi Channel View feature. Many retailers were VERY excited by what they saw and think this alone will drive in sales. Soccer fans are very passionate about the sport and only DISH is bringing fans here in the US all of the World Cup.

They also talked about the SEC Network and how important it is for DISH to be the College Sports Leader. (Which makes me sad... as DISH does not carry SNY which is the home of the Men and Womens NCAA Basketball Champions... The UCONN Huskies! (Can you tell I have a son who goes to UCONN?) :D)

I hear the interview with Charlie Ergan by Neil Covuto was really good. If you ever have a chance to go see Charlie talk go see him.

And really that was about it from yesterdays show.

Again my humble apologies for our coverage, it was not what we had planned. But we can not control the airlines or the weather. Thank you again for being SatelliteGuys!

Don't forget next Wednesday Night on Satellite Nation, Vivek Khemka will be joining on on Satellite Nation to talk tech! Thats next Wednesday at 8PM on Satellite Nation which airs exclusively on SatelliteGuys Radio. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)