Team Summit 922 Pics

Now aiming for August (although wouldnt surprise me to see them wait until the holidays to release it)

They want to get this box out there as bug fee as possible. This box means a LOT to Dish Network.

any word on supporting more than 96 timers now that there can be THREE people watching different things at once?

beautiful pics scott. love the user interface on this model! makes D's user interface look like it was done with crayola. awesome piece of hardware! :up

I was getting rather excited about this machine. But the remote part will keep me from getting one. If this won't get IR support that I can use my Harmony remote, I'll waive it.

+2 on the Harmony. Universal remote compatibility has been my only concern with this unit since info started coming out. As much as I like the looks of the 922 I'll probably pass if it will only work with included remote.

+3 on the Harmony... Good grief, this should be the top of the line for Dish and they fail to include IR support? What's up with that??

You think they might change the interface of the 622's and 722's to be similar to this with future software update?
Sling technology is cool, but the main reason I would upgrade to the 922 is for the new interface...much more MOXI like!

Yea, it would suck to have a super fancy DVR and not be able to use the Harmony on it. I think I'll pass w/o IR

Dish always making such "invention" to kill any competition in supplies. See how it managed making receivers,LNBF, switches and now remotes to cut off from the pie of revenue. :(

+4 on the Universal Remote Support. I am a Harmony user, if they don't have IR support, I'm not interested in the 922.....I have tried very hard to reserve judgment, but if Dish doesn't "get it" on this issue, then they truly do not understand their customers.....It has taken them over a year to deliver on the TV2 IR Converter(BTW, called Dish, they still have no availability date or price on the TV2 to IR Converter. I'm sorry, but even in the announce-before-it-is-ready marketing culture we live in, saying it will be available "soon" for over one year is ridiculous)....It is not rocket science that the kind of tech savy user who wants the sling features is just the type of customer who requires universal remote support.

Maybe, if enuf demand, someone will develop an IR to UHF/2.4 converter. My IR to Bluetooth device (IR2BT) works great with my Harmony ONE and the PS3. They even had a kit that enabled you to install the guts of the PS3 bluetooth remote into their box and you were good to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)