Team Summit Discussion Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Purogamer said:
When they roll out true on-demand, would the hbo on-demand and othe premium channel stuff be the first stuff we get, or 3rd party stuff like howard stern? Plus when it rolls out, doesn't that leave Dish's VOD completely obsolete?

I hope the boxes don't auto-format any HDD you hook up to it, you may hook up something with progams and lose them because you forgot something was on it. If you have multiple 622's in the house, and don't have your drives marked, it could be a nightmare. It should show you what's on the drive, but not allow you to access the programs unless the correct unit is connected to it.
It will most assuradly "Initialize" (format) the HDD you hook up to it; after a prompt. The reason is the 622 won't know what to make of FAT32, NTFS, or even EFS but will know it has a HDD hooked up and want to start using it.
My suggestion is; hook up your HDDs to your computer to see what is on them.
When you hook up a HDD to the 622 you are Giving it that space to use, not sharing it with Windows.
IMHO

Well now that scott has said they'll work with any box on your account that has the ability to use them, the concern is moot. It'll just load up the program listing...

I have no reason to believe it would be NTFS or any windows-based file format since the boxes use linux...

riffjim4069 said:
Sean, I hate it when you sugar coat things...tell us how you really feel.:rolleyes:

Seriously, I love the VOOM channels but I am SICK & TIRED AND FED UP with VOOM-Lite...and all the double-talk, finger-pointing, and rhetoric we've been hearing since...what?...last October or November? Dish Network and Rainbow Media have been deceiving their customers, and lying to SatelliteGuys members & staff for the past 7-8 months. It's time to stop our "wishful thinking" in that someone on Fantasy Island will magically correct this nonsensical fiber problem, and start "demanding" answers!

We can start by renaming the VOOM HD Programming Forum to the VOOM HD-Lite Programming Forum since both Dish Network and VOOM are both culpable and can share the blame. Let's not sugar coat our feelings nor appease any of these yutzes in the hope that one day, out of the goodness of their greedy little hearts, they will provide us with the HD services we're paying to receive. Last time I looked I was paying for DishHD...not DishHD-Lite!!!:mad:

Hi All I just returned from a short vacation and am trying to catch up on Scott's post but all I see is complaints and more of the same. I have a problem understanding what the # of posts has to do with anything? and did DISH ever state that it was going to send all HD out at full rez 100% of the time? I will continue to enjoy what we have avialable be it lite or full HD and yes I am new. Have VIP211 and mits 55" a 811 in motorhome 510 in office.

Mike

I think that is a good idea. Name a thread Hd Lite thread and anyone making a HD Lite complaint in another thread, move it to that one thread. That way most of us would not have to listen to the bitching over nothing. Of course there would not be many other threads, since most of the threads get taken over by the HD Lite moaning and groaning.

jerryez said:
I think that is a good idea. Name a thread Hd Lite thread and anyone making a HD Lite complaint in another thread, move it to that one thread. That way most of us would not have to listen to the bitching over nothing. Of course there would not be many other threads, since most of the threads get taken over by the HD Lite moaning and groaning.
Watch out you'll get called a Newb.
Your mere 600+ post is no match for someone that post complaints about HD-Lite all day and all night in every thread. ;) ;) ;)

You know if no one ever knew the numbers of the resolution, I wonder how many would say the channels look softer than other. I think a majority of folks are stuck on the numbers game ;)

James Bond on FilmFest has looked great to me...

BFG said:
You know if no one ever knew the numbers of the resolution, I wonder how many would say the channels look softer than other. I think a majority of folks are stuck on the numbers game ;)

I think the definition of Goodnights abs were perfect. :D

BFG said:

RIGHT ON
My feelings exactly as I find most to be much better than SD although my SD has improved. Must be the closeness to Dish and Charile takes care of CO. NOT

Mike

The thing that is interesting to me is that I noticed a decrease in the picture quality when D* went HD lite and then investigated online. That's when I found the numbers backed up my observation.

Now that I've switched to E* I notice that their HD Lite looks better than D*'s HD Lite. When investigating that I found that the bitrate numbers support that observation.

To my eye I can see a difference without any preconceived notions put in my head and I don't consider myself to be an expert on this kind of thing by any means.

Purogamer said:
Well now that scott has said they'll work with any box on your account that has the ability to use them, the concern is moot. It'll just load up the program listing...

I have no reason to believe it would be NTFS or any windows-based file format since the boxes use linux...

As they will work with any box on the account, will one be able to use a type of USB switch, like is used to tie two computers to one printer, so you do not have to connect and disconnect USB cables?

It would be nice to be able to view any programming off of any hard drive whether it be external or internal in another receiver from anywhere in the house. Something like a media center where it connects everything together.

All I'm looking for is a way to connect two 622's to one hard drive without connecting and disconnecting USB cables when switching the use of the hard drive from one 622 to the other.

Thanks

Probably would have to have one with a manual switching button as this application is not with a computer as such, or do they switch with application of signal?

rustamust said:
RIGHT ON
My feelings exactly as I find most to be much better than SD although my SD has improved. Must be the closeness to Dish and Charile takes care of CO. NOT

Mike

Although I agree completely, HD channels should be a lot more than "much better than SD". When I know a channel is HD-Lite, I can see the differences, subtle as some might be. If I didn't know, I'm not sure I'd see the difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)