Team Summit Photos

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The TR-40 shows that Dish does know how to receive and decode PSIP, they just choose not to on their other HD receivers.

PSIP data is not standardized, only has 24 hours of data and is generally not suited for any type of DVR use. We are better off without it - its mostly garbage.

It was devised to allow virtual channel mapping and provide a little program data - that's all.

PSIP data is not standardized...
Quite the contrary, since Feb 1, 2006, the FCC has required all ATSC broadcasters to abide by the PSIP standard (A/65B). These are very specific rules about content and how far out the program data is available. For the typical 44 hour EPG on a non-DVR receiver, this would be sufficient. For the DVRs, though, Dish does the right thing and provides 10 days worth of EPG data.

If your local ATSC station(s) don't provide EPG info, rat them out to the FCC. They've had over two years to get in compliance with the regs and would be in violation for over a year.

My personal preference would be for Dish to use PSIP to populate the channels that Dish does not have data for. Either that, or provide all the Digital stations & subchannels in your DMA with EPG data.

They did show the DPP33 and were talking about it. Not sure if they mentioned a release date, as it was very loud on the show floor.

They did show off some new dishes as well. I'd like to get the one that sees 4 birds (110, 118.7, 119, 129).

They also had some dishes that were painted to show sports team's logos. I thought that was impressive.

...They did show off some new dishes as well. I'd like to get the one that sees 4 birds (110, 118.7, 119, 129)...

Isn't that the Dish 1000+?

...They also had some dishes that were painted to show sports team's logos. I thought that was impressive.

Aren't those skins that go over the dish and not painted on? Though back a few years ago they did have college teams you could get on your Dish.

Did nobody get pictures of the new dishes? How were they different than the ones that we have on the market today?

Two items catching my attention:

*HP Mediasmart Server for DVR backup
*VIP211 being "converted" to a DVR by adding an external USB hard drive.

I got slammed when I suggested opening up network shares for DVR expansion. Guess those that slammed me can now refer to me as a prophet instead :D

Cheers,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)