Team Summit Report

Question for those that attended the private meeting with Dish:

I have been debating going to DirecTV because of the HD RSN debacle on Dish. Do you get a sense, after being at the private meeting, that Dish is going to remedy the HD RSN tp space issue? Or did you get a sense that it will take quite a will to fix if at all?

Believe me, I'm not trying to make a silly threat to switch providers. I am seriously considering a switch because I'm in a situation where I need another receiver and I don't want to commit to the Dish It Up agreement if I don't feel that Dish is going to fix the HD RSN thing.

Thanks

Dish spent way too much time talking up its 922. The thing has been delayed over and over, and it really is a lame implementation of the idea. The touchpad remote doesn't work well, and the box locks up over and over. And the integrated Sling is just a gee-whiz feature that will go nowhere fast. I'm guessing Dish will be getting massive customer complaints and requests to "downgrade" once the box actually goes to market. It could be Charlie's version of Windows Me.

Question for those that attended the private meeting with Dish:

I have been debating going to DirecTV because of the HD RSN debacle on Dish. Do you get a sense, after being at the private meeting, that Dish is going to remedy the HD RSN tp space issue? Or did you get a sense that it will take quite a will to fix if at all?

Believe me, I'm not trying to make a silly threat to switch providers. I am seriously considering a switch because I'm in a situation where I need another receiver and I don't want to commit to the Dish It Up agreement if I don't feel that Dish is going to fix the HD RSN thing.

Thanks

I wasn't there, but if sports are important to you, E* is not the place to be.

Dish spent way too much time talking up its 922. The thing has been delayed over and over, and it really is a lame implementation of the idea. The touchpad remote doesn't work well, and the box locks up over and over. And the integrated Sling is just a gee-whiz feature that will go nowhere fast. I'm guessing Dish will be getting massive customer complaints and requests to "downgrade" once the box actually goes to market. It could be Charlie's version of Windows Me.

They have a hard enough time keeping all these other receivers stable and they don't even have all the bells and whistles the 922 is going to have. I wish they wouldn't try and integrate all these other technologies into a satellite receiver with the mediocre programmers they have. I know I will be sticking with a Slingbox solo and the 722k to get all the functionality I need from a satellite receiver. I've been waiting over 3 years now for them to fix a bug that now affects 211, 222, 622, 722 and 722k recievers when switching from a satellite tuner station to an OTA station and vice versa. It changes to the wrong station under certain circumstances. Heck, they still can't get TV2 IR functionality commited into the software for dual tuner receivers. Atleast they finally got some code in the 722k that gives you a message saying its not supported yet. I guess that's a start. TV2 IR should be simple compared to everything the are trying to do with the 922. I wouldn't get your hopes up about the 922 unless you love to beta test while watching tv.

Last edited:

These are valid points. I never thought about it. I remember when they previewed the receiver with a built in DVD player. It was never released. Maybe that is what Dish should do with this. Their other current HD DVRs are all fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts