**Team Summit Update**

I no longer see the channel available for the Flex Package channels. Perhaps the writing is on the wall. Not good for Dish to introduce then make a package disappear so quickly after they were really promoting it. Even worse that those people are more likely to drop Dish now after the grandfathering goes away.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I no longer see the channel available for the Flex Package channels. Perhaps the writing is on the wall. Not good for Dish to introduce then make a package disappear so quickly after they were really promoting it. Even worse that those people are more likely to drop Dish now after the grandfathering goes away.
OH yeah. IF they remove the FLEX Pack after all the promotion 6 months ago, they will definitely lose many more customers. Without either a low option pack like FLEX pack or heavy promotional discounts to bring the price down , they will lose many more subs. The Programming price is too high now and their FEE structure is killing them with many customers.

I do think they will grandfather existing customers for a long time, just as they have in the past when they discontinued other packages... they will however will no longer allow new customers to sign up for those packages.

I do think they will grandfather existing customers for a long time, just as they have in the past when they discontinued other packages... they will however will no longer allow new customers to sign up for those packages.
Scott, I agree. I had the Dish America Silver Pack for over two years after Dish said they would not be offering the America Silver or Gold to new and existing customers.

Nope, there still there. Don't know where you were looking.
https://www.mydish.com/flex-pack

Retailer chat is tomorrow. Maybe they will say something then. If they do I'll post it. :)

DPH 42 SWITCH

With the release of the Hopper 3 in early 2016, there were several scenarios in which a Hopper 3 was unable to be installed. The release of the 76cm Antenna Bracket on November 17, 2016, enabled us to satisfy Non-CONUS customers wanting the Hopper 3.

On June 6, 2017, we will be launching the DISH Pro Hybrid (DPH) 42 Switch. This switch allows for greater equipment flexibility, and will support the remaining Subscribers who are currently unable to obtain a Hopper 3.

INSTALLATION SCENARIOS

The DPH 42 Switch supports the following installation scenarios:

• Customers in a Non-CONUS location.
  • Customers within a Low Beam area which requires a 24” or 30” dish.
  • Customers whose Programming requires 77°°

INSTALLATION REQUIREMENTS

• Even though they are both Hybrid components the DPH LNBFs WILL NOT work with a DPH 42.
  • The supplied power inserter must be connected to Receiver Satellite In port 1 of the DPH 42.
    • The power inserter is required and is NOT optional.
    • In a Hopper installation, the power inserter may be connected between the Hopper and the DPH Hub and/or a DPH Tap.
  • Approved RG-6 cable required.
  • Weather caps, not terminators, must be used for sealing off all unused ports on the switch.
    • Weather caps have a flat top and are pre-installed on the switch.
  • A Solo Hub or Duo Hub must be used for all Hopper receivers.

DPH 42 SWITCH

With the release of the Hopper 3 in early 2016, there were several scenarios in which a Hopper 3 was unable to be installed. The release of the 76cm Antenna Bracket on November 17, 2016, enabled us to satisfy Non-CONUS customers wanting the Hopper 3.

On June 6, 2017, we will be launching the DISH Pro Hybrid (DPH) 42 Switch. This switch allows for greater equipment flexibility, and will support the remaining Subscribers who are currently unable to obtain a Hopper 3.

INSTALLATION SCENARIOS

• Even though they are both Hybrid components the DPH LNBFs WILL NOT work with a DPH 42.
  • The supplied power inserter must be connected to Receiver Satellite In port 1 of the DPH 42.
    • In a Hopper installation, the power inserter may be connected between the Hopper and the DPH Hub and/or a DPH Tap.
  • Weather caps, not terminators, must be used for sealing off all unused ports on the switch.
Thanks JSheridan.

Reactions: JSheridan
DPH 42 SWITCH

INSTALLATION SCENARIOS

What about the CONUS customers that want one dish 1000+ that pulls in 118.7?

The DPH42 will work for me. The DPH LNBF doesn't play well with the Winegard Trav'ler positioning logic. With a DPH42, I can have a DPP LNBF on the Trav'ler and the positioning logic will be fine and the DPH42 will provide the Hybris function for the Hopper 3. I was sweating that there wasn't going to be a release.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts