**Team Summit Update**

I will have to start provider shopping If they discontinue it, I was paying $130 a month pre flex pack. I am now at $95 and think that is high. I am not going back to $130 a month for TV service.
Go ahead and sign up for The Renewal Offer now. That way, you get a two-year price lock, so your price would stay the same no matter what package Dish substitutes for Flex Pack.

I will have to start provider shopping If they discontinue it, I was paying $130 a month pre flex pack. I am now at $95 and think that is high. I am not going back to $130 a month for TV service.

I agree 100% with that. I'm loving that Dish has added Alexa support and the Fire Stick app, but I just recently switched to the Flex Pack and added the dual (coming soon™) OTA tuner so I could drop the local pack during the Hearst dispute. I've cut my bill in half and am not interested in going back to the high $ spend.

I agree 100% with that. I'm loving that Dish has added Alexa support and the Fire Stick app, but I just recently switched to the Flex Pack and added the dual (coming soon™) OTA tuner so I could drop the local pack during the Hearst dispute. I've cut my bill in half and am not interested in going back to the high $ spend.
See the advice I gave AlaJoe in the post above yours.

So...I wonder if the Hopper Lite will still output both tuners like the 622/722, or will it require Joeys for add'l outlets like the other Hopper models? If the latter, does it also become a de facto "low end" replacement of the slow original Hopper 1?

Reactions: pattykay
They can have my Flex Pack when they pry the remote control from my cold, dead hands!
Many people said the same thing, myself included, when they took away our Absolute HD package. :(

I wonder what package they would substitute for Flex Pack at the same price if they did take it away.
I don't know if you're familiar with the Absolute HD package, but it was lower cost than Flex, if I'm not mistaken. When they finally took it away, they did 'upgrade' us (whether we liked it or not !) to our choice of the Dish America Bronze, Silver, or Gold (??) packages, as I recall.

Reactions: stardust3
Many people said the same thing, myself included, when they took away our Absolute HD package. :(

I don't know if you're familiar with the Absolute HD package, but it was lower cost than Flex, if I'm not mistaken. When they finally took it away, they did 'upgrade' us (whether we liked it or not !) to our choice of the Dish America Bronze, Silver, or Gold (??) packages, as I recall.
Yes, I remember that. The price is/was $29.99 either way. (I have Flex Pack with the autopay discount without add-ons.) When Dish eliminated the Absolute package, they also gave temporary "loyalty discounts" to offset the increase in price associated with the forced upgrade in packages. I am thinking that Dish will do the same thing for Flex Pack subscribers, whether they have the price-lock on their account or not, but it still wouldn't hurt to go ahead and sign up for the price-lock now, just in case. I have actually been expecting Dish to do something similar for Welcome Pack subscribers, since Welcome Pack is now an even better deal than Absolute was, now that Welcome Pack includes HD feeds.

I get the Welcome Pack plus the movie pack, which is more than I can watch. If they do away with the Welcome pack, I will become a cord cutter, since I have my TiVo OTA and fire stick. I only use Dish for HGTV, History and the movie pack.

Flex must be costing Dish a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$, in people downgrading.

since Welcome Pack is now an even better deal than Absolute was, now that Welcome Pack includes HD feeds.
Personally, I think the Welcome Pack sucks. My wife and I don't watch much TV but what we do watch, we wouldn't like WP. My wife didn't like when I dropped down to the Flex Pack but after a while, realized that some of the channels she 'lost' were available through streaming options. Our kids (18, 15, and 8) watch next to nothing on "TV". 90+% of their viewing is online, Netflix, etc.

You could but the quality will not be as good.
Why won't quality be as good? Wouldn't that depend on the home network? So there is no additional charge to use the fire stick to act as a Joey? Do you have to add the stick to the account or anything? This seems like a good solution for our bathroom as my wife wants something larger than the iPad that we use to watch via sling (H3) in the mornings.

Thats the issue, the quality of your network.

In my tests playing with it, sometimes its great, and other times not so good... its not constant quality and that may upset some as they want the same quality all the time. For those folks keep paying extra for the Joey and you will be much happier.

Reactions: Yespage and Rixos
I want to know more about thus hopper lite receiver. Will it do Primetime Anytime recordings using one tuner? Will it be just like the 722 and work on that setup of will it need a hybrid lnb set up? Hows about some pictures of it?

Reactions: pattykay
I for one wouldn't like it if the Flex Pack went away. I have it now with the locals add-on, all premiums, H3 + 2 wireless Joeys and my bill is less than $100. I like that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: KAB and MikeD-C05
Question: i have an old amazon firestick and it was sitting in my drawer. Just plugged it and updated to latest firmware but there is nowhere i can find dishanywhere. Am i missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts