Tech Chat Caps 9-10

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Got some caps up, limited time so more could be added Thursday along with some clips... :)
For More Demo Videos of the 922 See Our SatelliteGuys 922 CES Coverage Here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/2009-consumer-electronics-show/160920-video-922-demonstration.html
Some first look shots Here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/2009-consumer-electronics-show/160381-first-look-dish-booth-922-a.html
Raw Video Clips of the 922 Here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ips-dish-network-booth-updated-1-10-09-a.html

Attachments

• Tech Forum.jpg
    Tech Forum.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 486
  • Tonights Topics.JPG
    Tonights Topics.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 673
  • 922 - New User Interface.jpg
    922 - New User Interface.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 704
  • 922 - Touchpad Remote.jpg
    922 - Touchpad Remote.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 641
  • Sling to your iPhone or Laptop.jpg
    Sling to your iPhone or Laptop.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 625
  • Features of the 922 HD DVR.JPG
    Features of the 922 HD DVR.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 635
  • Set-Top Box Internet Browser.jpg
    Set-Top Box Internet Browser.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 633
  • 1 Terabyte Hard Drive.jpg
    1 Terabyte Hard Drive.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 616
  • Wireless Monitor.jpg
    Wireless Monitor.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 617
  • iTV Games - Channel 100.jpg
    iTV Games - Channel 100.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 650
  • Sharp Types of backlight.jpg
    Sharp Types of backlight.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 631
Thanx for getting it posted D.

I really like the GUI, Apps and new interface. I still haven't seen anything that gets me to where I want to have anything to do with that remote. It way too much like the pads on laptops and I just don't care for those. I use them because I have to not because I like too.

Last edited:
I use a mouse with my notebook when I can also, (don't like the touch pads)I didn't get to play with one of those at CES... I had a couple of clips I couldn't get small enough to post, might split this afternoon when I get up...

The set top box browser showed was an old version of internet explorer. When making the slide the needed to show a browser and pulled a browser picture from Google.

The browser built into the 922 is NOT IE. (Its a Unix based machine) and is based on Mozilla.

Its biggest flaw is it does not support plugins such as the Flash player. I hope it does before its officially released, but have hear no buzz that it will include flash.

Flash would b great.
We could then technically access XM radio online!!

I really would like to be able to access Netflix streaming. Dish needs to see this feature as not aiding Netflix, but as added value to the 922 player

Unix?

The set top box browser showed was an old version of internet explorer. When making the slide the needed to show a browser and pulled a browser picture from Google.

The browser built into the 922 is NOT IE. (Its a Unix based machine) and is based on Mozilla.

Its biggest flaw is it does not support plugins such as the Flash player. I hope it does before its officially released, but have hear no buzz that it will include flash.

Do you mean Linux instead of Unix? Also w/o flash the browser will be a POS. A large percentage of websites have to have flash to function. In fact if they are going Firefox they are going to need to allow plugin customization are we will be pretty much hog tied. They still have a long way to go with this unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)