Tech Chat Recap 11-10-08

I've also read this entire thread. Still would like to know if the learning remote will be IR/UHF as the 6.3 is. Anybody know for sure (Scott???).My sister has an Olevia in her bedroom with her 722 in the living room. She has to use two remotes. There's no code nor will a scan work to control an Olevia currently. One of my HD TVS is an Olevia but its in the same room as my 622 so I'm able to use a cheap Sony learning remote to control both (IR). Thanks!

Ed

ViP211 as a DVR is alive.

OK, the feature is here: ViP211 and L5.23

Attachments

• Photo_111408_001.jpg
    Photo_111408_001.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 2,634
  • Photo_111408_002.jpg
    Photo_111408_002.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 2,681
I've read this whole thread. Did we ever say FOR SURE that there will be no monthly DVR fee if we convert the 211 to a DVR. I know there will be the one time 40 dollar fee, but what about the 5.98 monthly fee?

It has been stated in many posts in various threads on the subject that THERE WILL NOT BE A MONTHLY FEE, just the one time activation fee. Someone even posted an email from Dish to this effect.

It has been stated in many posts in various threads on the subject that THERE WILL NOT BE A MONTHLY FEE, just the one time activation fee. Someone even posted an email from Dish to this effect.

It has also been stated that there will definately be one. So who knows for sure?
Anyone? I'm not sure who to trust....a Dish CSR, Smith P (he said there will be) or who. Just wondering if anyone knows for sure, because for some of us...if there is a monthly fee, we won't be doing this.

GravelChan...

I hooked up an EHD (Maxtor One Touch 750GB) to my 411, got the 2 screens and made the call (A Maxtor One Touch 1TB drive will NOT work). The first rep did not even know what a 411 was, so was passed to a supervisor who told me that the EHD would not work with a 411. I told her it was the basically the same as a 211 and she finally passed me to tech support.

After the tech asked her supervisors a few questions, they finally said the 411's and the 211's could be activated after the 19th.

(I told them that had the screen said that, I would not have called and spent an hour on the phone.)

So, I did give it a try with no success.

Glad they are finally putting folders in EHD's. Still waiting for multiple EHD function....sick of switching drives in and out.

Sh!t happened - the call went thru automated system ( no real CSR behind ) and they activated EHD for 622 (!) without a question for which device the request was.
The phone is the same for EHD and 211's disk. :(

My call also started with the automated call, but as I had a 411, it would not activate the receiver and it sent me to a live person.

Sh!t happened - the call went thru automated system ( no real CSR behind ) and they activated EHD for 622 (!) without a question for which device the request was.
The phone is the same for EHD and 211's disk. :(
Smith, P., I would have thought that you had EHD Archiving on your 622 already. I guess you do now! Time for CSR roulette, or perhaps an e-mail to ceo<at>echostar to clear this up.

Let this be a lesson to the rest of you: PATIENCE!!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)