This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Tech Chat Recap

I did hear them mention the rebate and could only upgrade 2 receivers to MPEG4 at the present time

As I indicated in another thread, I received emails from two individuals in the CEO Escalation group that stated that you must purchase the 622 directly from DishNetwork in order to get the $200 account credit when your send them your 921/942. Buying your 622 from another source (i.e. DishStore, DishDepot) did not qualify.

The price from them is still $699+$99 = $798 and they won't drop the $99 if it's a plug'n play installation.

Bob

Last edited:
Native resolution passthrough?

It's about time! I'm only hoping this means it's going to be added sooner rather than later. This is a feature that has been missing for FAR too long.

That makes ZERO sense since this information came out of the Retailer "Facts Blast" which is sent to all retailers (such as DishStore, DishDepot) no where there does it say you must buy from Dish Directly.

Scott Greczkowski said:
That makes ZERO sense since this information came out of the Retailer "Facts Blast" which is sent to all retailers (such as DishStore, DishDepot) no where there does it say you must buy from Dish Directly.

I know it doesn't make sense....it's DishNetwork!

IMHO, it appears that since they are still charging $699 (why I don't know since they lowered the price to $499), they assume you're saving the $200 when you buy from other sources.

That's warped logic but then again it's DishNetwork!

D* wont do anything "free" they wanna charge 35 bucks to see a first run HD movie

Scott Greczkowski said:

What - Dish and their retailers not on the same page? I sure hope this isn't the start of a new trend.

Actually, I enjoyed hearing some of the details of E10 (But I'm in the biz).

Interestng that E10 has NO CONUS capability.

I still find it interesting that E* is spending so much money to provide what most of their customers can receive for free OTA.

Most customers don't want to go through the effort of getting locals OTA. Never mind that analog reception has significant issues with noise at the drop of a hat.

So E* is doing what is necessary to stay competitive with cable cos (which offer locals via cable) and D*.

Best,