Tech Chat Recap

I did hear them mention the rebate and could only upgrade 2 receivers to MPEG4 at the present time

Scott Greczkowski said:
One of the things I am surprised they did not mention last night was the new price to purchase a 622 (which is $499) nor did they mention the $200 rebate avabilable to folks who purchase their 622 and send back a 942 or 921.

Here are details of the $200 rebate for 942/921 owners directly from Dish Network.

· Existing MPEG-2 HD/DVR customers can PURCHASE a ViP622 DVR and receive a $200 Equipment Return Credit – Effective April 19, 2006, through August 1, 2006

o Effective April 19, 2006, we will have a purchase option available for those customers who have a model 921 or 942 receiver. They will be able to receive a $200 credit off of the $798 purchase price for a ViP622 DVR. The $798 includes standard professional installation.

To get the $200 credit, follow the same process used for DISH’n It Up:

§ Leave the 921/942 with the customer.

§ When calling to disable the 921 or 942, make sure to provide the promotional code: RET200HDSWAP and instruct the Customer Service Representative to select the correct model receiver, either 921 or 942, for replacement.

DISH Network will send an empty box to the customer detailing the return process.
When the 921/942 is received by DISH Network, the customer’s account will be credited $200.

I would love a clarification from Dish on this one. I wonder why it was not mentioned on last nights chat?

As I indicated in another thread, I received emails from two individuals in the CEO Escalation group that stated that you must purchase the 622 directly from DishNetwork in order to get the $200 account credit when your send them your 921/942. Buying your 622 from another source (i.e. DishStore, DishDepot) did not qualify.

The price from them is still $699+$99 = $798 and they won't drop the $99 if it's a plug'n play installation.

Bob

Last edited:
Native resolution passthrough?

It's about time! I'm only hoping this means it's going to be added sooner rather than later. This is a feature that has been missing for FAR too long.

rjruby said:
As I indicated in another thread, I received emails from two individuals in the CEO Escalation group that stated that you must purchase the 622 directly from DishNetwork in order to get the $200 account credit when your send them your 921/942. Buying your 622 from another source (i.e. DishStore, DishDepot) did not qualify.

The price from them is still $699+$99 = $798 and they won't drop the $99 if it's a plug'n play installation.

Bob

That makes ZERO sense since this information came out of the Retailer "Facts Blast" which is sent to all retailers (such as DishStore, DishDepot) no where there does it say you must buy from Dish Directly.

Scott Greczkowski said:
That makes ZERO sense since this information came out of the Retailer "Facts Blast" which is sent to all retailers (such as DishStore, DishDepot) no where there does it say you must buy from Dish Directly.

I know it doesn't make sense....it's DishNetwork!

IMHO, it appears that since they are still charging $699 (why I don't know since they lowered the price to $499), they assume you're saving the $200 when you buy from other sources.

That's warped logic but then again it's DishNetwork!

riffjim4069 said:
Let me see if I understand this...in a nutshell, E* has external USB storage working for the 942/622..."just waiting on the business and marketing people." Translation, we won't be seeing USB storage until E* can figure out a way to make money off the idea:

• Must buy an official Dish Network USB storage device. I doubt they'll take this option due to inexpensive USB storage, but who knows...especially if they can make $50-$75 per unit.
  • Must pay a monthly "USB Storage Fee" per device: $2 - $3
  • Freely available only if D* does it free and first.
D* wont do anything "free" they wanna charge 35 bucks to see a first run HD movie

Scott Greczkowski said:

:eek: What - Dish and their retailers not on the same page? I sure hope this isn't the start of a new trend.

Actually, I enjoyed hearing some of the details of E10 (But I'm in the biz).

Interestng that E10 has NO CONUS capability.

I still find it interesting that E* is spending so much money to provide what most of their customers can receive for free OTA.

David_Levin said:
Actually, I enjoyed hearing some of the details of E10 (But I'm in the biz).

Interestng that E10 has NO CONUS capability.

I still find it interesting that E* is spending so much money to provide what most of their customers can receive for free OTA.

Most customers don't want to go through the effort of getting locals OTA. Never mind that analog reception has significant issues with noise at the drop of a hat.

So E* is doing what is necessary to stay competitive with cable cos (which offer locals via cable) and D*.

Best,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)