Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hey guys, the guys are getting ready for Monday Night's Tech Chat and they want to know as they prepare what you want to see them discuss on Monday Night.

So you have the floor, tell the Dish Network Tech Chat Guys Mark and Dan what you would like to se covered on Monday!

Mark & Dan: National HD, local HD and related subjects!!!

These topics will drag in E*'s satellite plans, MPEG-4, etc., etc.

--Doug

One of the biggest topics on the DBSTalk forum is the 921. Presently DN is working on local guide issues but so many other bugs still remain. The dishnetwork web site has removed all references to the 921 including manuals, source code and everything else. Like the model 5000 the 921 never existed. Customers feel that support has been abandoned for this unit.

Second MPEG4 receivers when will they be available, what will they be like (compared to current models) and what type of exchange policy can HD receiver and DVR owners expect. This question may be based on new HD programming that will require MPEG4.

Third 129 satellite what will reside there? Or better yet where will HD reside. Presently it's on 110 (HDPak) and 61.5 (Voom).

What I want to see:
  • MPEG-4 general plans and timeline
  • Discussion of portable DVR technology (brief)
  • Plans for new MPEG-4 receivers with timelines and change-out deals

What I do NOT want to see:
  • Any kind of "cute" movie
  • Remote Control tips and tricks

Thanks!

Brad

I want the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything!

Oh wait! 42!

More Hicks talking about how they use the " run it back button "on their dish dvrs. Just can't get enough of those country folks and their stories.

NOT!!! :p :p :p

Is their an afterlife? What is the correct religion?

I lieu of those really important answers, MPEG4, hardware and new HD content should be at the top. Since D* is dragging their feet on any plans, will Dish beat them to the starting line?

Dish Tech Chat wishlist

1. Dish 50x DVR Name Based Recording
2. MPEG4 Updates
3. More HD When?
4. When will we get the Current channel?
5. Any other time worthy content

is there ever going to be named based recording or if ever for the for the dvr 510.

and why if I want to get a leased model 625/522 do I have to pay $150 plus trade in a receiver that I own. I dont mind leasing but why should I have to give away something I own and receive something that I would have to give back at sometime?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Hey guys, the guys are getting ready for Monday Night's Tech Chat and they want to know as they prepare what you want to see them discuss on Monday Night.

So you have the floor, tell the Dish Network Tech Chat Guys Mark and Dan what you would like to se covered on Monday!

New what is Tech Chat? Is there anything I need to install to chat? Is it like the charle chat Dish has?

3 things I want to see included:

1- What ever happened to name-based recording on the 50x receivers?
2- MPEG-4 transition plans
3- One dish solution plans

-Why don't they allow SBC to sell the Voom package to their customers?
-MPEG4 plans
-Any plans to let 3rd parties design and build Dish DVR's, as SBC is doing with the HomeZone/MediaPortal. (this could go a long way to alleviating the number one complaint against Dish, their bug-ridden HW/SW.)
-Any plans to offer the HomeZone receiver directly from Dish?
-Any plans to strike a deal with Tivo for DVR software, a la DirecTV?
-Any plans to strike a deal with a current or past partner for DVR software, such as GemStar/iGuide, or Digeo Moxi?
-Do they realize how much money can be saved in customer service costs by simply releasing properly functioning and reliable equipment?

What happened to WWE 24/7? I mean the 625 has launched now and it has the 'on-demand' abilties, what better way to show it off. Plus Comcast & Time Warner have yet to launch 24/7 so you would be beating cable to the punch effectively.

(Yes I realize 625 can't do real on-demand hence the 'on-demand')

Just in case Dish hasn't got the message, I would like to see:

1. MPEG4 receiver features and roll out plan
2. New HD content (or existing stuff like Starz HD available as a la carte) and which satellites will be carrying it.