Tech Chat - What do YOU want to see?

Hard drive upgradeability and/or USB activation for me is the number one issue and if Dish doesn't deliver on it by the end of my current Dish subscription/lease commitment, I'll go with Directv and their HD PVR.

Dan

Dan Rapp said:
Hard drive upgradeability and/or USB activation for me is the number one issue and if Dish doesn't deliver on it by the end of my current Dish subscription/lease commitment, I'll go with Directv and their HD PVR.

Dan

Ah this was something I forgot.. If their next HD DVR doesnt have firewire/usb support, I dont want it. Comcast's box has firewire already.

I've always wondered why the chats don't replay until many days after the initial broadcast...Like we'll really miss those FYI replays, should air the replay every day...

Another question, since I only see replays, Does the intial broadcast look as bad as the replay? Replay looks like they recorded it on VHS tape...

Oh, and why do they put the damn show on monday nights at 9pm, like there's nothing else on at that time? You might get rid of some of the rif-raf if you put it on at a different time, or earlier. I'm sure the CEO would like to get out of there earlier. Show ends at like 7pm in colorado i think...

dizam.
anyway i try to create a significant statement on what i'd like to hear on the chat for tonight, I realize it all that it is....CHAT. Hot air. Bullshift.
All those concerns before my post. Are exactly like mine. But if you really want to know what I'd like to hear from the chat tonight. It's actually NOT what I want heard...its more what I want DONE.

the big 1 : I want Dishnetwork to follow up on what they say. <=period

Purogamer said:
I've always wondered why the chats don't replay until many days after the initial broadcast...Like we'll really miss those FYI replays, should air the replay every day...
Replay schedule -
Thursday, August 11 9:00 p.m.ET
Saturday, August 13 5:00 a.m.ET
Sunday, August 14 5:00 p.m.ET & 7:00 p.m.ET
Monday, August 15 9:00 p.m.ET
Thursday, August 18 9:00 p.m.ET
Saturday, August 20 5:00 a.m.ET
Sunday, August 21 5:00 a.m.ET & 7:00 p.m.ET
Monday, August 22 9:00 p.m.ET
Thursday, August 25 9:00 p.m.ET
Purogamer said:
Another question, since I only see replays, Does the intial broadcast look as bad as the replay? Replay looks like they recorded it on VHS tape...
Video quality has actually improved over the past few months. A year ago they were as clear as BingoTV (and done in the same studio) but then they moved to the basement back at headquarters and apparently used a T1 to carry the program cutting bandwidth to about a 4th (and giving VCR quality).

Recent months have shown more bandwidth and a clearer picture - live and on replays.
Purogamer said:
Oh, and why do they put the damn show on monday nights at 9pm, like there's nothing else on at that time? You might get rid of some of the rif-raf if you put it on at a different time, or earlier. I'm sure the CEO would like to get out of there earlier. Show ends at like 7pm in colorado i think...
Actually 8pm ...

9pm-10pm ET (New York, Miami)
8pm-9pm CT (Chicago, Dallas)
7pm-8pm MT (Colorado)
6pm-7pm PT (Seattle, Los Angeles)

It is a decent time to make sure most people are out of work to see it on the west coast while not being too late for east coast viewers. That time has been used for years - I doubt if they will be changing it.

JL

justalurker said:
Recent months have shown more bandwidth and a clearer picture - live and on replays.
They still look out of focus to me. To move the chat to the HQ was smart though, now everyone does not have to drive a few hours back and forth.

Well I guess they didn't want our suggestions or Scotts. Very clever how they were able to say nothing that we didn't know before and avoid Charlie's promise that they would discuss MPEG4.

I HAD tro work tonight and forgot to record it:(

Anything worth watching a rebroadcast for?

Ahh the OLD days when all this was exciting.............. :confused:

gutter said:
Well I guess they didn't want our suggestions or Scotts. Very clever how they were able to say nothing that we didn't know before and avoid Charlie's promise that they would discuss MPEG4.

Did you really expect anything else? :( If you look back over the past chats all you see are a lot of where is whatever they promised at the last chat. It would be interesting is someone went back over the past year and charted what E* promised and on what date and when it actually occured.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)