Tech Info needed for AZBox Satellite Radio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
I am using the AZBox Premium and found a problem.

I hadn't been listening to the radio channels until tonight. One of my fav's is the Bluegrass Channel on 97.0'W (Test 243 ch on TP 11991 V) so I dialed that channel in.

The problem that I detected is that the audio drops out every ~10 seconds.

I have both the HDMI cable and the SPDIF digital audio connected. They both drop out. I connected to the standard analog stereo outputs and that signal is dropping out, too.

If I check other radio signals on other sats, the audio from them is also dropping out, so it is not a problem with one particular satellite. This problem is also not present on the TV channels, it is only on the audio (radio) channels.

I have my Coolsat 5000 connected to my loop out from the AZBox and can monitor the signal level and quality. These are stable. Also, I moved the analog audio phono cables from the AZBox to the Coolsat and the audio is fine and stable.

This is definitely a problem isolated to the AZBox, but I don't know if it is the current image file (I have 0.9.2880 installed) or if there is something else to be concerned with. I did try to simply reboot the AZBox, hoping that it was just a temporary glitch, but it was not.

Is anyone experiencing audio drop outs on the satellite Radio (only) channels with your AZBox?

This is a must for me to repair. If you have any information on this defect, please let me know.

RADAR

I just dialed up a couple of stations on G16 C-Band
Q-tones
Pulse FM

I only have G16 C-Band radio in there. Had through HDMI cable and no dropouts on either one. Listened for 5 minutes each

the rest are split between L & R audio and the HDMI cant distinguish the difference so I hear both at same time ;)

Its a known issue, Weatherman....depending on your firmware. This week I upgraded to the latest beta firmware that ended up being a general release ( I don't have the number handy, sorry), I am listening to radio right now, no problems. A couple of firmwares had the problem. :)

Iceberg said:
I just dialed up a couple of stations on G16 C-Band
Q-tones
Pulse FM

I only have G16 C-Band radio in there. Had through HDMI cable and no dropouts on either one. Listened for 5 minutes each

stogie5150 said:
Its a known issue, Weatherman....depending on your firmware. This week I upgraded to the latest beta firmware that ended up being a general release ( I don't have the number handy, sorry), I am listening to radio right now, no problems. A couple of firmwares had the problem. :)

Lak7 said:
0.9.3281 is the latest Firmware

Iceberg said:
and thats what I'm using for software

I have 0.9.2371 in mine (it was most current when I bought mine, and I haven't seen anything that the newer versions added that I was interested in... just waiting for them to fix high bitrate recording). But I just tried the stations that Ice mentioned, and they work fine for 2371 too, so I would have thought that they should work with the 2880 that the OP has, since it's newer.

Iceberg said:
the rest are split between L & R audio and the HDMI cant distinguish the difference so I hear both at same time

Those split channels were an interesting demonstration that stereo DOES work when using the HDMI as they were definately coming out of the R & L channels respectively. Another poster has been looking for a fix for the lack of stereo in the L/R RCA audio outputs. I haven't tried the SPDIF output, but I'd assume that it was the same as what's in HDMI, so until a fix is released, it seems like a Sonic Voom, would cure the stereo issue for that poster.

I currently have the 0.9.2880 image installed and I am experiencing this audio "glitch". I was curious if the more recent beta version 0.9.3281 might take care of this.

I was apprehensive about installing it just now as I am still trying to work out a setup issue with my FTP operation. I might just try it anyway, I already have it downloaded and unzipped and ready to go on my USB drive. I see that it doesn't show up in the list for direct upgrade to AZBox via the server on the internet (I assume since it is still in beta).

I was pretty certain that it was isolated to the AZBOx or its image as the Coolsat 5K did not present this problem when connected to the loop out of the AZBox. And, the problem was only present on the radio channels (TV channels were all OK). Also, it was all radio channels on all satellites that were experiencing this problem.

Thanks everyone for the information regarding this issue so far.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts