Tech is on site - 1000.4 no 72.7

Well, I think we may have played this out as far as it's going to go. I've got one last question for anyone still interested. In looking at Dish Pointer, I may have discovered something. I remember him saying the word "Nahuel" when verifying his lock, which is the bird at 72.0 W - AMC6|Nahuel 1A. Dish Pointer shows a bird at 72.5, DirecTV 1R|Echostar 6 which I believe is what we are referring to as 72.7?

Is it even possible with a 1000.4 to lock on 61.5, Nahuel 1A and 77? Was he tweaking for the wrong bird?

I'd say unlikely due to the fact you are receiving 61.5 & 77.

On 72?
I know it's discouraging, but don't over look the little stuff. Do you have the cable going through a surge protector, if so bypass it. These can go bad. Also you mentioned the cable being in the ground for a long period of time. I would like to again stress the importance of ruling out cabling with a temp. When he comes back tomorrow ask if he can hook a temp cable to dish, let it lay on ground and go straight through door and lay in hall or whatever and go straight to receiver. Ruling out los it can only be 1 of 3 things. Cabling, receiver or lnb. This is the easiest way to come to a conclusion through the process of elimination.
Yes, on 72. I looked over his shoulder at that point as he toggled between all three birds and I saw Locked as he did.

Negative on the surge protector.

I'll mention the cable. It's a good troubleshooting step. He'll have a receiver tomorrow. I guess that will be the first step.

Visually, I still don't like line of sight. I have a feeling a Dish tech will be out next week to get this straightened out. This guy has already informed me his office will not be working Saturday.

And you are saying this receiver was working before right?

I'm curious to see what kind of signals he was getting on his meter.

Yes, on 72. I looked over his shoulder at that point as he toggled between all three birds and I saw Locked as he did.

Negative on the surge protector.

I'll mention the cable. It's a good troubleshooting step. He'll have a receiver tomorrow. I guess that will be the first step.

Visually, I still don't like line of sight. I have a feeling a Dish tech will be out next week to get this straightened out. This guy has already informed me his office will not be working Saturday.

Keep us posted, We'll help any we can. The tech imo would not have attempted install if he felt you did not have los for ea. Good luck & good night.

Keep us posted, We'll help any we can. The tech imo would not have attempted install if he felt you did not have los for ea. Good luck & good night.
Yeah, a big thanks to everyone for taking an interest in my plight today!

I hear you on the good night. I'm whipped.

I'll update when I know more.

did i read that there is a DPP 44 in the install, if so thats the problem....if he locked on to 72 on the sat and id'ed that is was there and it's @ the back on the box and assuming there isnt a dpp 44 then it's the software in the box...i would have downloaded the 722 anyway to see if it would have popped in, if not then yea your box just wont read the 1k4, now if u dont wanna get rid of ya box then just find a spot for 129 or have a wing just for 72 put up

my guess is the 722k will work. but thats just a guess. a bad reflector will certainly do it to but...
if he got a lock in the house behind the receiver no reason it shouldnt show on the receiver. if you ID the sat, it is verified to actually be that sat. also the supersatbuddy gives a dbm reading on the bottom - if the readings are too low, or fluctuating its an indicator of damaged cable. the installer could also have tested this by running a very long test line from dish to house.

did i read that there is a DPP 44 in the install, if so thats the problem....if he locked on to 72 on the sat and id'ed that is was there and it's @ the back on the box and assuming there isnt a dpp 44 then it's the software in the box...i would have downloaded the 722 anyway to see if it would have popped in, if not then yea your box just wont read the 1k4, now if u dont wanna get rid of ya box then just find a spot for 129 or have a wing just for 72 put up
DPP44 is gone.

I suggested to him that he call Dish and give the box a hit. (One learns lots of thing here.) He did that with no joy.

Have had multiple issues with 722's when switching from 110/119/61.5 to the total eastern arc 61.5/72/77. Seems like the receiver software just doesn't play well after the switch. After having tried multiple things to get it to work, In every case I have had to replace the receiver.. This doesn't happen everytime.. Very intermitant.. But when it happens nothing short of a receiver swap fixes it.. Don't have a clue what is really the issue here.. I just know that it sometimes happens.

It could be a problem with certain 722s. My EA switchover went flawless back in March, but the tech did tell me he had issues with an upgrade the week before that sound like the OP's. He did say they had to swap out the receiver to get it to work but I didn't ask if it was a another 722 or a 722k....

Have had multiple issues with 722's when switching from 110/119/61.5 to the total eastern arc 61.5/72/77. Seems like the receiver software just doesn't play well after the switch. After having tried multiple things to get it to work, In every case I have had to replace the receiver.. This doesn't happen everytime.. Very intermitant.. But when it happens nothing short of a receiver swap fixes it.. Don't have a clue what is really the issue here.. I just know that it sometimes happens.
You're echoing what he's saying exactly.

He's on his way with a third LNB, a 1000.2 and a 722k. Fully prepared - I like it!

I'm in Michigan and was installed last year with 110/119/61.5. I am curious how your's ends up boomerang as I would like to be setup on EA. My house looks like a dish farm (2 E* and 1 D* dish).

Well...all is resolved...I guess.

He swapped in the 722K and that didn't pull in the 72 sat. He had brought another LNB to try, but decided to just throw a 1000.2 dish on the pole instead. I've got all three Sat's now.

The 1000.4, IMO, had LOS issues. It was looking right through trees. Now, he said it was looking above, but as close to the trees as it is, I just don't see how. He admitted that perhaps a single branch was blocking the view to 72 but in the same breath, was condemning the two LNB's he tried as the possible culprit.

My concern with the 1000.2 is that with 129 being as low as it is for me, that when these Locust trees leaf out fully in the next 3 to 4 weeks, that I'm going to have issues with 129. He's saying that also. But, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I still contend that a 1000.4 on the roof would have been the best long term solution. He says that their are LOS issues with that.

Then the last thing he says before he leaves is that he's afraid of heights.

Thanks again to everyone that took an interest and contributed your thoughts. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
It could be a problem with certain 722s. My EA switchover went flawless back in March...
Same here for what it's worth. I have a 722 and 2 612's formerly on 61.5/110/119 through a DPP33. Upgraded the 61.5 to EA and directly connected all 3 receivers and voila. No issues. My elevation angle is about 45 deg, so I can fire over my trees pretty well. I can't get 129 due to my maple tree.

I have had this same issue while installing on the eastern arc. What I did was let the receiver download its software then redid switch test. works most of the time.

same here. oh well, maybe not in this case. i really have noticed that the elevation installers are told to go by with the EA dish are simply wrong. if your told you need an elevation of 40 you better make sure you have LOS all the way down to 32 degrees or it may not work. these are the problems ive had anyway.

Can Dish Network receivers still pickup 105 FSS satellite

WWE on Demand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)