Can Dish Network receivers still pickup 105 FSS satellite

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I am wondering if the 105 FSS satellite can still be picked up by a Dish Network receiver with the proper 105 FSS lnb that was originally used on the SuperDish.

The reason I am asking is I was wanting to tune in a dish to 105 satellite using Dish Network's signal meter from a spare receiver I have to better tune in SkyWay USA satellite that uses 105. The signal meter they give you is hard to pickup the satellite. The only way you know your on the right satellite is if you have ample signal and the green light turns on (only turns on to the 105 satellite SkyWay USA uses).

At best you're gonna show a "wrong sat" message. DISH doesn't broadcast any information down 105 that would allow a receiver to positively ID it as 105. You could try it just to max out on the signal and then hook up your skyway equipment to see if it locks.

no
Dish has no transponders live on 105 so a Dish receiver can't "find" anything there.

The best thing is if you have a free to air receiver to use that instead. Dish subleases the satellite to other companies who use it for sports/news feeds etc

check thelist at the top for active transponders

That has to be updated because its just on one (11927) and its not Dish Network
Its Echostar. The TP has phone numbers for companies to call to reserve transponder space on 105W

Also Dish receivers only can see symbol rate 20000 or 21500. That s/r is 3978 ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)