tech left job no reasoning expcept line of sight

Status
Please reply by conversation.

big r

Original poster
Dec 28, 2005
he said line of sight but we was told by directv if we have dish should be no problem because satellites are in the same area .he left in such hurry he left his ladder .what satellites dose directv use ?

Directv uses 99, 101, 103 and 119

99 & 103 are for HD
101 has most SD
119 has some locals in SD and a couple English channels (hope channel and Jewish Life TV). Mainly used for spanish channels

What market are you in for locals?

this was at 12:15pm and still no directv yet and no call when of if he can pick up his ladder or a phone call from his dispatch

in bloomington indiana . i installed a app for my phone and could see those satellites

Indy SD locals are on 101 so they could set you up with a SL3 that sees 99,101 and 103. That will give you pretty much everything
(HD locals are on 99 or 103)

Indy SD locals are on 101 so they could set you up with a SL3 that sees 99,101 and 103. That will give you pretty much everything
(HD locals are on 99 or 103)

I believe Bloomington belongs to my office. Not really surprised you haven't received a call, only have 6 people working in Sundays. Most are new guys, as for his ladder, guess he'll be back. It's not his! Lol

i was told i couldn't get another tech today even tho he left now rescheduled feb 4

Hmm...you have the dish pointer app & can see a clear los?

Unfortunately jobs get blown off for a lot of reasons. Try again & maybe you'll get a tech who will put it in.

is there anything directv can do tech support said he should have installed services

is there anything directv can do tech support said he should have installed services

If there isn't a 10 degree window all around them 3 satellites he don't have to install it. If it got NLOS and the second tech finds a place to put it its an automatic write up, no question. As for signing off, no sir, no way. Directv no longer let's HSP or O&O markets get away with it. All satellites have to have good signal or the receivers won't activate, a local retailer can I think but we can't anymore.

Hutch is that 10 degrees on az & ele?

If so I'm glad I don't have to adhere to those rules, I wouldn't ever make any money.

have had very little problem with dish just liked directv movie package

all he used was a line of sight pocket gauge

That "pocket gauge" is an inclinometer. It's what we use, I don't have any issues with using the smartphone apps but I've seen them lie to me and paid the price after I already set a pole.

Hutch is that 10 degrees on az & ele?

If so I'm glad I don't have to adhere to those rules, I wouldn't ever make any money.

Yes, all around. It's what directv makes us use. If its not at least 10 degrees all around it could result in a damage claim against our office and we're liable for the first $500

have had very little problem with dish just liked directv movie package

Just because you had no issues don't mean you will get the same results with Directv. I'm not saying you do or don't have LOS since I have not a single clue what your property looks like but I have seen installs where dish didn't stand a chance being installed due to LOS and the same for Directv. Either way, call first thing in the morning and demand a second look.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)